epilogue III - the wedding

august 1st, 2027
ivory: 31
harry: 33
meadow: 6
wiley: 4
august: 8 months

harry

today i'm marrying the love of my life. the reason i smile all day, every day. the woman who turned my life upside and gave me everything i could've wished for. ivory, i love you.

i wanted to wake up lay in bed with her all morning, like we always do and love, but ivy wasn't having any of it. her and wilma are in meadows room, getting ready with bella, florence and all of the kids.

i would still be in bed by now, but without ivy next to me it feels too empty for me to enjoy it.

i want today to be all about ivy. she's been planning and waiting for this for so long and i want it to be everything she's wished for.

ivy wanted the wedding at home. she wanted to be able to go into our kitchen whenever she wanted and she wanted the backyard to be the main party.

our vows will be at the very back of our garden, by our little pond. we've had people set white tents up and come decorate our tables just like ivy wanted it. it looks perfect.

i can't wait to see ivy. i honestly wanna walk right into meadows room and look at her and her beautiful dress right now.

"knock knock." gemma knocks on the door and then enters. she's got my mum, mitch, jeff and sarah holding august coming in behind her.

"now this might sound crazy, but shouldn't you get ready for your wedding?" mitch laughs at me and walks over to grab my suit from the bed.

the one thing ivy asked of me, was that i didn't wear some boring black and white plain suit. so of course i won't.

i just laugh at mitch and then pull on the blue suit harry lambert got made for me.

"your mummy and daddy are gonna look so good together, aren't they?" gemma looks over at august and takes him from sarah

"yeah? she looks good?" i can't help but smile at the thought of my pretty girl.

my mum walks over and squeezes my arms. "oh, she looks gorgeous."

it's almost twelve and we don't start until one a clock, so i've got way too long before i get to see ivy.

i know time will go by fast and people are gonna start arriving in forty minutes or so, but i can't wait. "i can't wait to see her." i smile up at everyone around me.

i sit down on the bed with august in my lap as i go over the few songs i've got the band playing.

"meadow will love it if we do grapejuice too." i smile at the memory of our music mornings in the kitchen.

thankfully time goes by pretty fast and everyone leaves to get seated. jeff waits for me to fully get ready and then we walk out.

our garden looks beautiful and i can't wait to see ivy's reaction to all of this.