thirty six

i know nothing about how court works, so just know that this is pure fiction and none of what's written is wrong, since it's not real

december 2020
ivory

i think the craziest way to end the most relaxing year of my life, would be by seeing my dad in court on the news. that's what's happening right now though.

christmas is five days away and harry, meadow and i are all going up to holmes chapel for it. wilma's starting a new semester in new york, so she's actually on her way to the airport right now.

harry and i are sat on the sofa right now, watching my dads arraignment, completely in shock.

"why are they live-streaming this?" i blurt, my mind cannot process any of this.

"creating or providing false documents is a felony offense, which carries up to three years in state prison and punishment of substantial fines."

someone's accusing him of document counterfeit.

harry's phone vibrates and when he check it, we see a text from jeff. he's sent an article.

harry skims it.

"he asked for it to be live-streamed and your mum is the one testifying against him for fraud."

"oh my god. no, no, no." i feel my body tense. my mind feels cloudy.

i have no control in any of this, but the media is gonna obviously make me a part of this, which i first of all don't have the energy for and also it'll ruin everything.

harry's hands land on both of my cheeks, but my mind is anywhere but in this room right now.

"baby... ivy, look at me. baby, this is good for you, don't you think you'll find peace?"

i can't answer him. i physically don't have the energy. i turn my head and lock my eyes with harry, who's got a look of loss on his face. "ivy, tell me. what's going through your pretty head?"

"i- i need to call andrea, i need to call wilma, teo too. harry this is gonna- this will be everywhere in seconds. i can't, i don't want to do this." i freak out.

i try taking deep breaths.

"ivy, let me call andrea for you. wilma's probably
on the plane by now and she's better off in the us, let's not stress too much, remember we are okay."

"can we please just call andrea."

andrea has always been close to our family and now share the same opinions on my parents and she works as my personal assistant, but i never really give her much to do.

harry grabs my phone, logs in and finds andrea's contact. he looks up at me in an unsure manner and i nod, for him to press call and he does.

andrea picks up right away. "ivy, i was just about to call. i'm doing everything i can to keep you out of this, wilma too, and- and you can probably both get restraining orders against teo too."

harry and i both turn our heads to look at the other in confusion. i'm too shocked to talk and my emotions are all over the place, so harry takes over.

"hi andrea, it's harry. uh... what's happening with teo?"

"oh? you don't- is wilma at court with teo right now?"

harry leans back in the sofa and pulls me into his hold.

"no. she's- she." i can't get any words out.

"breathe, ivy. it's okay."

i nod and take a deep breath. "she's on her way to new york. i- i think she's okay."