thirty eight, a whole year

2021

1st of february
harry

i'm waken up by ivy pressing soft kisses all over my face and meadows cheek squeezing mine.

"say happy birthday daddy." ivy sits up again and pulls meadow with her.

meadows been very vocal lately, she's not saying any real words, but she's been making a lot of noise.

she lets out the sweetest giggles at her mumma.

i sit up, so i can get them to come sit closer to me. ivy presses a kiss to my cheek. "happy birthday, pretty boy."

i smile and reach out for meadow. "come on pretty girl, say dada."

ivy leans into my side, so all three of us are cuddling in bed.

this is already the best birthday ever.

19th of april
ivory

i've had the best birthday ever.

harry took meadow and i out into this gorgeous flower field and we sat there all afternoon, now we're back home and i just fed meadow and put her down for a nap.

when i walk into the kitchen i see harry dancing around in the kitchen, while cooking us dinner.

he's making these small sliders, with vegetarian burgers, since that's been a favorite food of mine for so long.

"you're such a good dancer." i laugh at him.

"yeah?" he leans forward and catches my lips between his own. "dance with me then."

for about half an hour, harry forgets all about the food he was cooking and just sways to the music we're listening too.

"you're perfect."

"harry, i'm so happy."

harry chuckles and pulls my body even closer to his. "that's all i need."

we eat our dinner while watching notting hill, it is my birthday after all. harry doesn't let go of me once, so we're eating, but also trying to hug for eternity and we end up with guacamole and tomato on the sofa.

"i said yes to go on the late late show by the way."

"that's great, we could fly over a little early, then i could start tour preparations in good time."

harry's starting his american part of love on tour this autumn and i'm doing press for the pelican brief, so we'll be spending quite a lot of time in the us this year.

"yeah, let's."

4th of may
ivory

"there are a lot of- well i guess unpleasant interviewers. i think i've had my share of uncomfortable and just poorly constructed interviews." i explain, since that's the conversation we're having backstage right now.

james nods at my statement. "i'll have us talk about something else."

i smile and take a deep breath, but hiding it as good as i possibly can.