nineteen

january 2020
ivory

"and be fast." i shout before hanging up the phone.

bella's been staying in the uk for the last week and now her and florence are both on their way here.

i called them and told them to get here fast, harry's out with mitch and jeff, so its now or never.

it's the 26th today. i've missed my period, so i can't help but think, that i might be pregnant. if i am, i wanna tell harry for his birthday, which is in 6 days.

i hear a few knocks on the door and then it opens. "okay babymamma, get ready." bella exclaims.

"we don't know yet, i might be making all of this up."

i've had a disgusting taste in my mouth, almost like metallic, so i've been drinking a lot of smoothies to kill that, but it might just be my excitement faking it. i don't think know if i believe it or not.

"hi you two." i go to hug both of them, as they join me in the kitchen.

i've made sure not to drink too much water, since i read that it can affect the answer. just wanting to get this over with, i snatch the two pregnancy tests from bella's hand and read what it's telling me to do.

"okay timers set." i say, loud enough for them to hear me. i walk into the kitchen to sit with them. "i did both of them at the same time."

"do you want a baby boy or girl?" florence beams.

i laugh. "i think i'd like to know if i'm pregnant first."

we keep the conversation going, until we all hear the timer. i stay seated, just too nervous to go get it.

"you want to go get it or should i come with it?" florence asks. they both move to come sit close to me.

"no, i'll go get it, meet me in the sofa." i whisper, before standing up.

i placed both of them upside down, so i wouldn't see the result before i was ready. i grab them from the counter and walk back to sit on the sofa.

"okay, ready?" i ask, my voice almost shaky.

both of them nod and i turn the first one over.

"oh- oh my god." i can't even get the words out before tears fill my eyes.

bella and florence quickly go to hug a side of me each. "ivy what's up? good tears or bad ones?"

"i- i'm- i'm pregnant." i try to get the words out.

both girls squeal of excitement.

i stand up, feeling more thirsty than ever. i'm pregnant. what will the media think, i haven't even been with harry that long, this is going to change everything and i don't know if it'll be for the better or not.

"hey, hey. ivy." i hear bella.

florence sits herself down right in front of me. "babe, listen to bella. ivy are you here?"

i turn my head towards bella's. "you are overthinking this right now, ives don't do that. you're happy, this will make harry so happy and there's nothing to worry about."

"bu- my- my job." i try, but florence cuts me off.

"you'll have plenty of times to be a perfect actress again, you can still do that while pregnant or you can just see this as a long break." she grabs my hands. "ivy, everything will be alright."

i calm down a bit. "i know, yes. i'm happy, really happy. it's just a big step and i hope harry's gonna be happy."

"he's gonna be the happiest, i can almost see his reaction already. big steps can be good ivy." bella says and all three of us hug.