2. Parallel World

PETE

I opened my eyes to find myself at the main family's mansion in between of the two parallel world. The one I had experienced and the one I have yet to experience. I can see myself lying on the bed in my room, unconscious on one side, while on the other side, it was the place and the moment when it all began. At least that was what I thought and remembered.

I can clearly see three figures. A bodyguard wearing main family uniform was lying on the floor, lifeless. I can vaguely remember him since I was overwhelmed with anger and sadness at that time. One thing for sure, I was the who shot him. Not too far from him, there was another two figures, also lying on the floor near the pool, barely breathing.

Something is not right here. This is not what I remembered being my last memory. I can recall myself crying and wailing over Vegas who was shot by the main family bodyguard, but... why am I in this condition? I took a few steps forward to get a better sight of what was going on when I was distracted by an unpleasant smell, causing me to let out a cough.

"Pete, you are alive!" Porsche acclaimed. He immediately put out the cigarette once he realized it was bothering me.

"What the hell, Porsche? We are in enclosed space!" I complained. I smoked too. However ever since I woke up, I found myself being irritated by the smell of cigarette. It was probably because it has been a while since the 'Pete' I am right now last smoked. That was the first sign when I am very certain that whatever I remember was not just a dream. It was a memory. This was my rough idea of what was going on with me.

"The doctor gave you a note. Its on that table." Porsche pointed to the side table located on the left side of my bed. There was a small paper folded into two. It was placed under a mug. I read it through.

I heard from your colleagues about your conditions these past few days and I need you to come see me whenever you can as soon as possible as it may concern your ability to work as bodyguard with Theerapanyakul family or I'll have to inform Khun Kinn about this.

Dr. Top

I chuckled in disbelief. What the hell did they told Dr. Top causing him to asked me to meet him putting my job on the line? I felt like I was being threathened by the family's doctor.

As if the parallel life I experienced being part of my memory was not enough to make me feel troubled. Looks like it also have potential to affect my psychology state and eventually, my physiology state. This was the only explanation with what was happening today in front of Vegas and the others. The doctor's note just confirmed it all. Maybe I do have a chance for early retirement after all.

"What did the doctor say?" Porsche asked me, realizing the changes of my expression.

"Nothing important." I answered while looking at Porsche.

I promised myself not to change anything so abruptly. Looks like it is not for me to decide. This is not what supposed to happen. I should not be the one lying on the bed. It should be Porsche after Khun Kinn gave him his 'punishment' for injuring Khun Gun's youngest child, Macau. I should be the one smoking while waiting for Porsche to regain his consciousness.

Seeing that Porsche was excused from today's duty, meaning Macau might not have injured his forehead. I'm not saying it was not a good thing for him not to get injured, but it will be troublesome for me to not knowing what will going to happen in future. What is the point of living this life twice if I couldn't even fix it? Isn't that the reason why this is happening to me?

I did not know what kind of expression I am wearing on my face right now that causes Porsche to ask, "Are you mad at me? I helped you, man."

*********

I am back to work on the next day after given a day off. I managed to use all my free time into a good use. Instead of resting, I went out to buy a notebook and some stationery for me to start doing some brainstorming. I never thought I would need all these stuffs again after I finished schooling.

I spent hours sitting on the bed, writing whatever I remembered from the other life I experienced. I would say, I was quite good at accepting all these bizarre things that was going on right now. I didn't know how Dr. Top came into that conclusion. My friends sure are good at overexaggerate their stories.

Although I had started working, I was only given simple tasks. I was required to guard Khun Noo while he wandered around the mansion, looking for anything to disturb which can't be considered as a simple task at all. I would rather went out to the site, fighting with the main family's enemies. We ended up barged into Khun Kinn's office.

Khun Kinn sat on the sofa while flipping through all the documents on his lap. Poor Porsche. It seemed like he had been standing still beside the sofa for I didn't know how long. He moved and shook his legs and arms while still being in the same position.

"Porsche! I heard you helped my bodyguard yesterday." Khun Noo said while flipping the scarf he wore around his neck.

Porsche looked at me, raising his eyebrows, asking if it was okay for him to answer. I replied by nodding once.

"Yes, Khun Noo."

"Good." Khun Noo moved his attention to Khun Kinn. "Kinn, let me have him. You can have Pete. I don't need a weakling like him anymore." Khun Noo said while pushing me to sit beside Khun Kinn.

I must say, I was not offended at all. I was acknowledged as one of the best among all bodyguards in main family. No, among all bodyguards in Theerapanyakul's family. One incident would not be able to tainted my outstanding and exceptional record. Right?

"Are you sure, Khun? I'm afraid the next thing we know, you'll be screaming around the house, looking for Pete." Kinn said with a grin.

He still approved it anyway. Porsche and I switched position as requested by Khun Noo.

"Let's go, Porsche, my bodyguard!" Khun Noo grabbed Porsche's arm and dragged him out of Khun Kinn's office. He looked at me, begging for mercy to help him off of Khun Noo's hook.

I smiled at Porsche, putting both of my hands together, inaudibly speaking, "Sorry and thank you." I promise I think I can really hear Porsche's curses through his eyes. As they reached the door, I stood up, briefly lowering my head and upper body towards them.

Right after the door closed following Khun Noo and Porsche, I faced Khun Kinn. "Khun Kinn, is it possible for me to ask for a day off for tomorrow?" I asked for his permission.

Khun Kinn stopped himself from doing his job for a while. He checked his schedule via his iPad before giving me his permission, "Okay, you can have a day off tomorrow as I don't have much things to do tomorrow."

"Thank you, Khun Kinn!"

_________

Note: I'm so excited as we'll be having BBB new series announced today! If we get the synopsis (even better, trailer), I'll publish Chapter 3 right after the live ended 🤭.