52. Takhun

PETE

I told Vegas to get out of the Main Family mansion right after he had showered. I am nit sure if I want him to meet Khun Noo again. However, once I finished showering and got out of the bathroom, Vegas was still in the room, waiting for me to be ready.

"I told you to just go home." I told him while getting ready, wearing my bodyguard suit. I stood in front of the mirror, wearing my jacket while Vegas was staring at me from the bed.

Vegas shrugged. "Khun wanted to meet both of us. I can't just let you go handle him by yourself."

I rolled my eyes. "How considerate of you." I tidied up my uniform, tapping my jacket before turned to face Vegas and said, "Let's go."

I make sure to walk a few steps behind Vegas on our way to Khun Noo's room. Vegas knew why I kept our distance while walking. He just couldn't care less.

He kept trying to catch my arm to pull me closer so that I would walk besides him instead. However, every time he did that, I would just pulled back my arm away out of his grip.

There are some bodyguards, glancing towards our direction. They were probably wondering why would a main family bodyguard escorting the firstborn of the minor family. Both families were not even in a really goos terms!

"Pete." I startled when I heard someone called for me.  Never thought of some would really do that when I am with Vegas. Most of them would prefer to just avoid us as they would not want to willingly get involved with anyone from the minor family.

I looked at the owner of the voice. "Phi Chan." I stopped to greet him. I gave him a small bow as respect to the chief bodyguard of the main family. I caught Vegas stopped from the corner of my eyes. He then approached us.

Phi Chan gave Vegas a bow once Vegas arrived and stood exactly next to me. Then, he looked back at me. "Have you reported your attendance today? I didn't see you at the assembly this morning."

"Not yet, Phi Chan. I'll do it after I bring Khun Vegas to Khun Noo's room." I replied to Phi Chan. He raised his eyebrows in response. He was probably suspicious because thebMain Family is like the second house for Vegas. Of course he knew every crook and cranny of this mansion.

"This is Khun Noo's order. He just seemed not able to trust Khun Vegas that much. So. He specifically instructed me to bring Khun Vegas to his room. Although, I do not know on what affair does Khun Noo wants to meet Khun Vegas for." I obviously lie. I looked calm, despite how much this encounter gave me the creeps.

Phi Chan nodded once. His face still showed confusion. He then looked at Vegas. Vegas gave him a smirk. Then, he responded, "You can go now." I waited for Vegas to walk first before I followed him, continuing my 'task'.

Once we were far enough with Phi Chan, Vegas complained, "What the hell is wrong with him?"

"He was just doing his job." I told Vegas. Phi Chan is the main bodyguard of the Main family. He took his respodibilities seriously. Of course he would have to make sure those who are working under him mske thrir jobs.

As we arrived at Khun Noo's room, he was sitting with his legs crossed on his pink, fluffy sofa, with his back on us, waiting for us. Arm was on the left side of the sofa, while Pol was on the right side.

Arm looked at me anxiously, while Pol made a gesture by moving his thumb across his neck, his lips moved without forming any sound. I read his lips. "You are dead," Pol warned.

Vegas, who noticed them reaction, being a dumbest he was, decided to provoke Khun Noo even more. "We are here, now speak up your nonsense. I can accept all of your craps if it meant to give me a second longer to spend time with Pete."

He is embarrassing. I can see the changes on Arm and Pol's faces. Their eyes widened hearing Vegas' announcement and I felt like killing Vegas here and now. I don't want to care about these time travelling and saving Vegas anymore. I want to just give in Vegas to Khun Noo and let Khun Noo does whatever he wanted with Vegas. Make him suffer I don't care.

Khun Noo stood up. He pushed Pol to clear his way, approaching me and Vegas. He went to Vegas and pointed his finger right in front of Vegas' nose. "What did you do to my Pete?"

"Nothing, Khun Noo! Really. Nothing happened." I interrupted before Vegas had anh chance to respond.

"Shh... Pete. You. Answer!" Khun Noo pointed at Vegas.

"I also hope something did happen. Unfortunately, Pete is right. Nothing happened." Vegas made it sounded like he was dissapointed.

"Didn't know you are that slow." Khun Noo said while folded his arms in which Vegas responded with a shrugged.

"Khun Noo!" Were these cousins ganging up against me or what because that was definitely how I felt right now. Khun Noo was really confusing me. Was he opposing us or...

"Since you have never really intended to hide your feelings towards Pete from anyone, just... take him away from here." Khun Noo waved his hand like he had been waiting for this day to throw me out.

"Khun Noo... what are you saying?" I protested. "Is my consent irrelevant here?"

Khun Noo's tone turned serious. "I'm serious, Pete." I knew it without having him telling me that. "You are my bodyguard. Stop recklessly accepting other people's orders without consulting me."

Khun Noo's warning gave me a creep. I thought my encounter with Phi Chan earlier was terrifying enough, but this one was deathly. I can feel not just Khun Noo's, but Arm, Pol, and Vegas' eyes were all on me without even the need to look at them.

'That is just how Khun Noo is.' I remembered telling Vegas this sentence while we were on our way here.

Not many knew this, but Khun Noo was not just a boss. He is honestly a leader. Only those who work directly under him are aware of how kind he is and how much he cares about everyone dear to him, be that his brothers, his bodyguards, or his other employees.

Not many knew this, but only those who had work directly under him, and probably Khun Kim and Vegas too, know that he is not ignorant as what most people thought he was. He is knowledgeable enough about everything happening not only in the Theerapanyakul family, but the whole mafia world.

Not many knew this, but he is not just the spoiled firstborn of the Main family. He was not unqualified to become one of the successors of the Theerapanyakul family. He chose not to. People didn't remove him from the lineup. He removed himself from being one of the successors of the family by acting the way he acted.