5. The Auction Night

VEGAS

Damn it, Khun! I brushed off all the bodyguards that were trying to greet me as I find my way out of this mansion. I went straight to my motorbike and drove off back to the minor family's mansion.

I can't believe I was being humiliated in front of Porsche and especially in front of that bastard, Kinn! Khun appeared out of nowhere and hit my head using a food tray. Also, that damn bodyguard, Pete! I can clearly see him suppressing his laughter.

I went directly towards my room as I reached the mansion. I swiped off most the items on my working desk. I threw the items that were left on the desk down to the floor. My hand reached a vase and about to threw it down to the floor when I realised that there was something off with that bodyguard.

"It was clearly him, but he keeps on denying. Why?" I wondered. Was that meant neither Khun nor Kinn knew that he had been seeing Dr. Top for... I don't know treatment or whatever, but it seemed serious considering how Dr. Top kept me waiting until they are finished. I saw him at the park near the hospital right after I finished meeting Dr. Top. He sat on a bench alone, looking troubled.

I went to the main family's mansion on the next day to send some documents. That was when I saw him again on a bench at the garden, alone. I was pretty sure it was his lunch time. He kept on watching his watch. I wodered if he was waiting for someone, but it turned he just sitting there, waiting for some time to pass before heading to the hotpot room for lunch. That was when I came into room just to mess up with them.

*********

The auction night had finally came. I had been preparing myself to win over the prize that Kinn and the main family had been eyeing. I watched Kinn as he walking down the stairs with his bodyguards. Both Porsche and Pete were here too. I smiled as I watched them got separated to go to their own designated place.

Kinn got his own seat not far from me. I realized he kept glancing at Porsche, making me scoffed. So obvious, he couldn't really hide anything. The auction started few minutes after and I loss to Kinn. Never mind that, I didn't even need to win that prize although my pride did hurt a little.

I walked closer to Porsche and whispered something to him. I told him that I would like to show him the bar's kitchen. He followed me without being suspicious at all. He even felt excited as he was a bartender before being main family's bodyguard. As I distracted Porsche to move out from his designated area, my eyes couldn't stopped looking at Pete and the two bodyguards I assigned with a special mission.

Not long after, I can see Pete being panicked once he realized that Porsche was gone. I smirked. He took the bait. He left his area to look for Porsche. I excused myself from Porsche.

Pete was good at his job. I would say, too good. He kept on reminding Porsche not to drink or eat anything as if he knew what my original plan was. However, that was careless of him to think that I was targetting Porsche. Well... I did initially plan to drug Porsche through a drink until the incident at the hotpot room few days ago. A bodyguard instinct, I guess? I don't know why, but Pete keep pissing me off that I felt like I need to give him a lesson.

I looked at him from the door where I came in. He was lying on the bed, still unconscious after being forced to breathe in chloroform by my men. I can see his chest movement, moving up and down.

I moved closer to the bed and sat on it, right beside the bodyguard. When I took a closer look into his face, it made me realized how pretty he is. I caressed his cheek causing him to flinch. I can see a few drops of sweat on his forehead. I looked for my handkerchief and while I wiped them off, Pete slowly opened his eyes.

"Vegas? Is that you?" He asked while his tears started to well up in his eyes. There was a faint smile flickered across his lips. I was quite shocked with the way he adressed me without 'khun', but I let it off. It sounded soft and so natural. To be honest, I kind of like it.

I helped him by supporting his back as he tried to rise his body from lying to sitting. "You are alive." The faint smile formed earlier dropped as his tears started to fall. "I thought you were..." He couldn't finished his words as he started to hyperventilate.

"Pete! Breathe slowly." I tried to teach him to control his breathing. It didn't work. I hugged him tightly to try to help him calm himself. Damn it! What was I doing? I practically abducted him! Where did I get the confident that I can calmed him down?!

Lastly, I cover his mouth using my left hand while my right hand was sill supporting his back. I had learnt this before while in the class. This is to raise the carbon dioxide level in the blood as hyperventilating can cause the carbon dioxide level in blood to drop. If I didn't do this, he may loss his consciousness again.

This was not my plan! I planned to scare Pete off and caused panic among the main family. Why am I ended up helping him right now? As Pete's breathing started to slow down, I slowly let go of my hand that covered his mouth.

"Pete!" The door was forced open. Kinn and few of his bodyguards rushed into the room. "What the hell are you doing?!" Porsche pushed me away from Pete. Kinn and few of his other bodyguards stand in front of me, keeping me away from Pete and the other two bodyguards that were helping Pete. At least I managed to cause panic among the main family members.

Kinn appeared before me. He watched as his bodyguards helped Pete to calm down. "I just saved him, you know?" I said while grinning, shifting Kinn's attention towards me.

"I've had enough with all of your bullshit. Touch my people again, you will loss your head." Kinn threatened me. I watched as them took Pete out of the room before Kinn and the other bodyguards left as well.

I should be mad, but I kept wondering about Pete. I'm pretty much assure that he was having an anxiety attack. Is that why he met Dr Top? And the way he called me 'Vegas' so naturally just now. Also... why did he looked happy and worried at the same time while looking at me? His genuine feelings keep messing up with my head.

_________

Hi. To be honest, I was wondering whether to keep writing or not, but since I've already finished this chapter, I've decided to publish it.

I don't know if it is okay for me to mentioned it here, I don't know what you guys stand for, but for now, I'll stay and wait for him.

Happy reading