47. Porsche's Mother

PETE

Vegas got out of the bathroom in the hotel's bathrobe, smiled widely as I wrote down the important information I had got, both from my memory and the new information which I got while I was in... let's say in the spirit form.

I can see his smile faded from the corner of my eyes. He grunted and asked, "What the hell are you wearing?"

The tone of his voice was annoying me. He got out of the bathroom and chose to pick a fight with me. It was extra annoying this time, probably because he disturbed my already stupid brain from working properly.

I look at the clothes I am wearing, then shifted to Vegas. "What the hell is wrong with what I am wearing?" I asked him back.

I was wearing the clothes Nob gave me under his order. It was a turtleneck and long sleeve grey sweatshirt with black pants, which I thought was a perfect match with the sweatshirt.

"What's with the turtleneck and long pants..." Vegas looked at me in disbelief, like I had done something wrong.

"So? What's wrong with it?" I frowned, confused by his reaction.

"You are too covered!" He complained.

So what? I was considerate enough as I know Vegas liked it when the air conditioner's temperature was low. So, I specifically chose the attire that looked warm for me to wear so that he would not have to increase the room temperature for me.

"Also, what are you doing at the table with a pen and paper?" He asked me a question, although it sounded more like a complaint.

I was still confused with Vegas' reaction, but I decided to just ignore it and focus more on the important matter. "I understand that you went through a lot to get to spend today with me."

In a serious tone, I said, "It may be traumatizing and embarrassing..." It was Vegas' turn to get confused.

"...confronting Khun Noo." I purposely talked in pieces as I didn't really know what Khun Noo asked Vegas and what Vegas had done for Khun Noo to let him meet me.

Apparently, it worked, anyway. Vegas eyes widened. He raised his voice, but not in the angry and scary tone, "Stop it!" He cupped his ears as if it would make him not be able to hear what I'm going to say.

I tried my best to hold back my laughter. I took a long and deep breath and tried not to look at Vegas. After I managed to control myself, I straightened my sitting posture, looked back at Vegas, and continued, "We can't just let your effort be in vain."

I showed him the notes I wrote while he was in the bathroom. "Let's us exchange the information we have."

"What?" It took seconds for Vegas to react. As if he had another idea of what this night should have become. "This was your idea when you asked us to go somewhere else?" He finally had his epiphany.

"Of course. I told you we should meet up when we got more information." I reminded him of our last conversation when I stayed at his house for a few days.

"What about our... Ugh. Never mind." He sulked. He stomped his feet like a little child and sat on the chair, opposite of mine.

"We hugged. We even kissed!" I can feel the heat from my cheek when Vegas suddenly blurts those sentences.

"Vegas!" I shouted at him. My eyes lingered around the room and towards the door. It was just my natural response. Of course, there were only us in the room, and the room was obviously soundproof.

"What is wrong with you?" I really can't understand his sudden mood change.

"Nothing." He pouted. "Let's have a meeting. That's what you want." He said in a sarcastic tone. I let out of a small sigh before starting.