51. What a Morning

PETE

"He is insane..." Vegas commented. "And among all people, you decided to work with him?" Vegas had been questioning me the whole night, and I won't even complain because even I thought my intervention was insane. So I decided to just respond with a shrugged.

"Who else do you think is better? Khun Noo? Khun Kinn?" I asked him back.

"That over dramatic witch and insecure boyfriend with daddy issue... hell no!" Vegas said it with a disgusted look.

"As if you are not -" Vegas gave me a look, causing my lips to immediately form a thin line. I chuckled nervously while giving him a guilty smile.

"Just make sure he can be trusted or I'll kill him." I took that as it was decided that work indirectly with Khun Kim was indeed the current best option.

The air suddenly filled with tension as Vegas let out a heavy sigh and looked out to the window, staring blankly at the night city. I let him be and stared towards the same direction.

He looked directly into my eyes and decided to break the silence. "You don't have to feel guilty." He told me.

When he said that, I immediately got reminded of the night when I was warded and had a breakdown right after I woke up. The memory was vague, but I was quite aware of what happened. We never spoke of that night. Neither he nor me.

I gave him a genuine and bright smile. At least, that was how I hoped it would look in Vegas' eyes. "I know." I responded to him in an attempt to give him peace of mind.

He smiled back as he stood and walked to my side. He kneeled beside me so that our eyes were on the same level. He cupped my face with his hands. He closed his eyes and slowly lessened the distance between us until his lips found mine.

I closed my eyes and let him take control. He used his tongue, asking permission for an entrance, which I granted. He tilted his head l, deepening the kiss. He broke the kiss as he realized I was gasping for air. Our foreheads connected to each other while one of his hands carressing the back of my head and the other on my back.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I responded with a nod. He then kissed from my temple, cheeks, lips, and jaws, and he stopped as he was about to go a little downward. "Damn this turtleneck." He cursed, causing me to release a small laugh.

As he was about to kiss me again, his phone vibrated. He grunted as closed his eyes shutted and clenched his teeth, suppressing his anger. "This better be important!"

The call ended as he grabbed his phone. Instead, there was a series of messages came in.

"It's your crazy boss." They were from Khun Noo. Vegas showed me the texts.

'VEGAS!!!!!'

'WHERE IS PETE?'

'WHY ISN'T HE BACK YET?!'

'HE NEEDS TO WORK TOMORROW. WE HAVE PLANS BECAUSE YOU RUINED OURS TODAY.'

'YOU BETTER SEND HIM BACK NOW!'

'WHEN I SAID NOW, I MEAN NOWWW!!!'

'ASAP!!!!'

He let out a long, frustrated sigh. "I can't even get mad because I know he did it out of his concern for you." He leaned his forehead on my shoulder while his hands were at my back while I patted his back.

"It's almost three." We didn't even realize how fast the time flies. Time does feel short when you are with someone you love. "Do you want to go back?" He asked me instead of persuading me to stay, even though I knew that was what he really wanted.