22. The Encounter (2)

PETE

These few days have been quiet and peaceful. I live my life as Khun Noo's bodyguard. As usual, we watched K-dramas from the afternoon until evening. Sometimes, at night, we would either go out to the bar or Khun Noo's favourite cafe to buy his coffee and snacks.

I never got the chance to get out of Khun Noo, Arm, and Pol's sight. Whenever I go, I'll always be accompanied by Arm, Pol, or Khun Noo himself. There was this one time. It was nine p.m. when I tried to sneak out from Khun Noo's room to get some fresh air, but I was easily getting caught by them.

"Pete! Where are you going?!" Khun Noo always screaming, causing me to flinch.

"I want to go out for a bit... to smoke." I made an excuse, unconsciously copying Arm and Pol's excuse that they used in the afternoon.

"You are not even smoking anymore. If you want to eat, just tell me! Let us go to my favourite cafe." I didn't know how he came out with that, but yeah... All four of us went out that night. Although I can't seem to get away from them, this is better. I get to feel the night air and eat.

I have been waiting to be called over by Khun Kinn to be given a mission. It's about time if I am not mistaken. However, nothing came out. I wonder what has changed. I also haven't been in contact with Vegas ever since our meeting at the temple.

It was a peaceful day. I was eating my breakfast in the cafe. Alone. Without any disturbance until my eyes caught two figures getting closer to me. They sat on the same table as me.

"I heard that rumour. No. It was not just a rumour. Tawan is here in this main family mansion." Pol blurted out without any warning.

"There was also a leak of information about the main family, and they have caught the mole." Arm continued.

They successfully gained my attention. "Who?" I asked them.

"They haven't released any statement yet and kept it a secret until they are certain about the fact that the very person they caught really is the mole." Arm answered to my question.

So it was just a rumour. I continued eating my breakfast. Arm and Pol started to focusing on their breakfast, too.

"I wonder who is the one who got caught. Do any of you have any idea?" Pol asked us while chewing his food. Arm and I shook our heads.

Then, a sudden realisation hit us. Three of us stopped eating and looked at each other. Studying each others' expressions, wondering if we have the same thought. We took a moment of silence to think carefully before blurting out any statement that can cause us trouble. None of us dare to make any speculations.

"Where's Porsche?" Finally, Pol breaks the silence.

"I haven't seen him since yesterday." Arm answered.

Both of them turned to look at me at the same time. "You are his roommate. Haven't you seen him last night?" Arm asked me.

I shook my head, slowly, not really confident with my answer. "I've been spending my time with both of you and Khun Noo these days." Arm and Pol nodded, agreed with my response.

I gasped, looking at the front, remembering something. I raised my index finger. My sudden gesture shifted Arm and Pol's attention towards me from their breakfast.

"What? Don't scare us like that!" Pol scolded me.

"Have you guys heard anything about Porsche and our boss?" I asked them without mentioning Khun Kinn's name.

Arm hit my back excitedly. He gets what I meant. Meanwhile, Pol is still processing the vague information I just gave. "They are..." Arm gave Pol a hint by bringing up his two index fingers and bringing them together.