27. My First

PETE

"You do know that whatever I'm about to tell you can be the downfall of your Pa and your family, right?" I reminded Khun Kim.

"That is for me to decide. You don't have to worry about that." Khun Kim replied. He looked calm. As if he already expected what I'm about to tell him. "Tell me your condition."

"I can tell you everything that I knew, but you can't ask me how I knew about them." I gave him my condition. I noticed Khun Kim's eyebrows narrowed for a second over there before he nodded. "Yours?" I asked.

"Mine is just like what I told you just now. I'll get to decide what to tell you." I let out a heavy sigh. That means I can mostly only confirm I already knew.  The conditions seemed more beneficial to him than me.

"But you have to answer all of my questions." I added to get reaffirmation.

"Only if it is related to you and it will not affect me." Khun Kim is very at choosing the right words. He played safe even while doing a negotiation with me, even though I was just a bodyguard. I nodded in agreement.

He leaned closer towards me and asked, "What happened when you were kidnapped by the family?"

"What actually happened is..." I leaned closer to him as well, getting ready to tell him whatever the hell he wanted to know. "Nothing."

"What the hell, Pete!" Khun Kim got angry. "What do you mean by nothing?" He proceeds to ask me.

"What do you think can happen in only a few hours?" I asked him back.

"Then why were they separating you from Vegas and Porsche?"

"I do not know!" We went silent for a moment while I was trying to get a flashback of what happened between the time we were ambushed by the group of men until I was saved by Vegas and Porsche.

Both Khun Kim and I lean backwards, folding our arms. We stared at each other's eyes. "Okay, let's try again." He started the conversation back.

"Why are you there?" Khun Kim clenched his teeth while asking this question.

"I went to the building to save Porsche. We... my fellow bodyguard friends and I had this one conversation, and that was when we suspected Porsche was framed. It was just a hunch, to be honest." I shrugged my shoulder.

"How do you know he was there?"

"You can't ask the 'how' questions to me."

"Okay. What else do you know?" He rolled his eyes and looked at me with dreary expression.

"I know about Khun Korn and Khun Gun being in love with the same woman..." I looked at Khun Kim's reaction. His expression remains unchanged. It's making me feel challenged. "...and that woman is Porsche's mother!" I continued.

"Okay. So? Is there anything new?" Khun Kim still looking unimpressed.

"Actually, Khun Gun really loves his wife and sons. Khun Gun treated them badly because Khun Korn threatened him. Khun Korn couldn't bear seeing Khun Gun being happy because he is jealous of Khun Gun."

"...Because Khun Gun is still in a good relationship with Miss Nampheung even after all of them get married with their respected partner, and..." I stopped, hesitated whether to keep continue or not.

"And?"

"...and Vegas' mother didn't kill herself. She..." I paused when I saw Khun Kim nodded. It seemed like he had already expected what he had to hear.

Khun Kim let out a heavy sigh. That was when the door was slammed open. Vegas forced himself in even though he was stopped by Porsche. I gasped as Vegas suddenly grasped both of my shoulder, demanding an explanation from me.

"Vegas!" The others called out for him almost at the same time. Vegas loosened his gripped as soon as he realized what he was doing.

"Pete, I'm sorry..." He held my hands before he proceeded to asking me, "About what you were talking about just now... Is it true?"

I contemplated for a second before giving him a nod. Slowly, he fell down to his knees while still not letting go of my hands. I didn't know what to do, so I just let him be.

I looked at Khun Kim and Porsche, who were still here. "Can you guys leave us alone for a second?" I asked the  for a favour.

Khun Kim seemed dissatisfied, but he went out anyway. Porsche looked at me with many questions in his head. I'm very sure there are a lot of questions he wished to ask me.

I said without sound coming out of my mouth, "We'll talk later." Porsche nodded before going out of the room.

After a few minutes, Vegas looked up at me. He asked, "So, my mother didn't kill herself?"

I nodded as a response. I pulled his hands so that he rose himself and sat right next to me on the bed.

"Your mother loves you and Macau. Your Pa too, but he decided to be the opposite so that he can protect both of you." I explained to him.

"How do you..." He paused. "Ah... the travelling time..." He continued. I replied at him with a smile. I didn't want to ruin the mood by explaining to him that I gained this information in this life when I broke into his Pa's office, not from the other life.

Vegas uses one of his hands to hold mine, and he puts his other hand on my cheek. I wanted to pull away, but I didn't. We looked at each other's eyes. Slowly, he lessened the gap between us until his lips touched mine. I pulled back almost immediately.

"Sorry." I look down. I didn't dare to look up at his face. He caresses my cheek and makes me look at him. I could see his lips moving, but I couldn't catch what he was saying.

"Pete." He called my name a few times until I regained my focus.

"Huh?"

"I was very worried about you. I was so scared that something might have happened to you." He referred to what happened earlier today when I was separated from him and Porsche. "Are you sure you are okay?" He asked me. I replied to him with a nod.

"Can I kiss you?" This time, he asked me. I couldn't believe in what I had just heard. I looked at him, confused, and he pulled me into a kiss.

It was soft at first. Then, it becomes rougher. Vegas held my head with his two hands, deepening the kiss. I didn't even have a chance to take a breath. Reality hit me as he tried to use his tongue, parting my lips and entering my mouth. I tried to push him away, but it only caused him to tighten his hold.

I started to feel suffocated. I used all of my strength, pushing his chest. Finally, he stopped. He looks at me, shocked and confused. I took a deep breath, stabilizing my breath.

"Pete..." He uses his thumb to wipe my tears that I didn't even realize was dropping. I quickly chase his hand away and wipe the tears by myself.

"Please slow down. That was my first." I whispered, but it still can be heard by Vegas. His concerned expression turned into a smiling face.

"I know." He giggled while I felt like wanting to run away.

Then, he forced me to lay down on the bed. I feel nervous. "What are you doing?"

He chuckled while he moved from the bed and sat on the chair that was previously used by Khun Kim. "You should go to sleep." He told me.

"Today was a tiring day for you. Rest. You deserve it." He continued. I faced him while lying down. He tapped the side of my arm to help me feel calm and relax until I fell asleep.

________

Okay... I hope it's okay. This is my first time trying to write a love scene. So, yeah... Enjoy~