34. Crisis

VEGAS

We have arrived in front of the minor family mansion for some time now. However, Pete is still hesitating. So, I ask Nob to get out of the car, and we are just waiting in the car.

"What if Khun Gun is here?" He asked, looking concerned. I never knew he would be afraid of my father.

"No. He is not. I've checked. He has works in another country." I assured him. I continued, "You'll be fi..." He cut me off.

"Are you sure? What if someone tells him I'm here? Won't you get in trouble?" He is still... wait. Is he worrying about me instead of himself?

"They won't. This is something you should know about the minor family. We are really close and loyal to each other." I proudly told Pete about my family.

"Yes. I can tell that from my past visit here." Pete agreed. He said it while looking down at his fingers, playing with the end of his shirt, looking all sullen.

"About my father... can you remember? At the hospital... The night we share our first k..."

"Stop! What exactly are you trying to say?" He sounded mad, although I can clearly see his cheeks flushed red that is impossible for him to hide.

"When I overheard yours and Kim's conversation..."

"Eavesdrop!" Pete corrected me.

"Yeah, right." I cleared my throat. "I can somehow know how to deal with him now. So, you don't have to worry about Pa... or me."

Silent. Pete is still hesitating. I am becoming more nervous. I hope he will just tell me whatever it is that is on his mind right now.

After almost ten minutes, he let out a sigh. "Okay." He finally agreed. "I'll be here for only a few days. Once I've sorted it out, I'll go back to the main family."
He continued.

I nodded, pleased with his decision. Although on the inside, I'm dying to know what 'it' was. What is 'it'?! However, I do not dare to ask him as I'm afraid he will change his mind. Thus, for now, I'll just shut my mouth, observe, and try to find it out by myself.

We got out of the car. Pete followed me from behind. He insisted on walking at least two or three steps behind, although I've tried to pull his arm as soon as we got out of the car to make sure he walked beside me instead. Once we reached the front door and were greeted by the bodyguards, I let go of his arm and gave up on making sure he walked beside me.

"In case you might be feeling uncomfortable, I've made sure no one will enter this wing as long as you are still here. So, feel free to have a walk along this corridor if you ever get bored staying in the room." I explained to him.

He made a stop, which also made me stop walking. "Which room will I be staying at?" He asked me.

I gave him a wicked smile and gave him a real short answer. "My room."

"You have so many empty rooms." He protested. Is to day called 'Pete's Protest Day' because that is certainly what I am feeling right now.

"Nowhere is safer than my own room."

"You just told me there is nothing I should be worried about!"

"Yes, that is for you. This is for me. I'll be more relieved if you stay in my room. Besides, considering what happened in the past, I am well aware that you are quite familiar with the layout of this wing specifically." My argument left him all speechless.

"Fine. Whatever!" Pete purposely hit my shoulder while walking past me, deciding to take a lead for the rest of our way towards my room.

We arrived at my bedroom. I took Pete's baggage that he insisted to bring it himself and put it on the sofa. I gestured for him to sit. He looked around my room.

"The bathroom is over there." I break the silence. It seems like Pete wanted to reply, but he quickly sealed his mouth back.

"I'll be going to the main family mansion in about an hour. Is there anything you need?" I asked him, and he replied by shooking his head.

"You can take the bed." I showed him my bed.

"What about you?" He asked.

"Don't worry about me. I'll mostly spend my time in the office." I gestured towards the office connected to my bedroom. Pete responded with a nod.

"Have a rest. I'll be back with Dr. Tol after the meeting at the main family's mansion. You will have to undergo a follow-up session with him later today." The first thing I did once Pete is confirmed to be discharged from the hospital is to make the appointment with Dr. Top for Pete.

"Thank you." He thanked me. I left him for the office to do some of my unfinished works because of my unexpected trip before going to the main family mansion. It is also for him to settle himself down.

At the main family mansion, right after the meeting ended, when there were only Khun, Kinn, Porsche, and a few of the trusted bodyguards that I often seeing them with Pete left in the meeting room, I approached Kinn and said, "Pete is with me." Which gave a great shock to them.

"Why would you take him? What do you want?" Khun charged towards me, asking me questions.

Kinn extended his arm in between me and Khun to stop Khun. "I don't think that was what he meant." Kinn calmed Khun down.

"I think it is just right for him to get some rest. I'll send him back in a few days." I informed them. "I'm telling you this so that you won't get any wrong idea about him when he comes back." I continued.

Kinn cleared his throat before answering, "I know."

"Hmph! You better bring him back by tomorrow!" Khun said with his angry face, then he went out of the meeting room, followed by his two bodyguards. If I'm not mistaken, their names are Arm and Pol.

I chuckled and just looked at him until the door closed. "I need something." I turned to Kinn and changed my tone into serious mode.

"I'm all ears." Kinn replied.

After I had finished all of my business at the main family mansion, I went directly back to the minor family mansion. I don't want to keep Pete waiting for me for so long. As soon as I arrived, I walked as fast as I could to the wing, where Pete was temporarily currently staying.

The closer I got to my bedroom, the more I could hear a conversation between two people from my room. There shouldn't be anyone else here. Who is Pete talking to? I perk up my ears to hear the conversation.

"You are Pete, right? One of that damn Takhun's bodyguard. Don't tell me... Are you my brother's new toy boy now?" Shit-

"Macau!" I raised my voice as I entered the bedroom, making both Pete and Macau startled. "I thought I had made it clear that no one should be entering this area until further notice." I snapped towards Macau. "What you had just said, that is not something you should be saying to Pete." I let my anger consume myself until I felt a hand touch my right shoulder.

"Hey... it's fine." Pete whispered to me.

"How can this be fine?" I asked Pete without looking at him.

Pete took his hand away from my shoulder. "It's not Macau's fault. It's your own fault for him to have to assume that!" Pete said and immediately went out of my bedroom, leaving me speechless.

I looked at Macau and Macau, too, is looking at me with a grin.

"I think there is someone Hiaa needs to ask for an apology from." He changed his expression to a pity look, tapped my shoulder, and left me alone to handle this crisis on my own.