24. Rescuing Pete

VEGAS

We were ambushed right after we entered the warehouse by a group of bodyguards I suspected belonged to the Don's family. We fought as hard as we can. U fortunately, we were defeated as they outnumbered us. Theybkno ked us down and when I woke up, I was already tied up in this room.

I blinked for a few times, adjusting my eyes to the darkness to see that there was only Porsche and I were in here. The dry and dusty air makes me cough in an attempt to clear my throat.

My eyes wandered around the room where we were brought in. We must have been brought to a basement while we were passed out. After a while, I can hear Porsche's grunting, trying to escape. He must have been awake, too.

"Where is Pete?" I asked Porsche. I can see Porsche turning his head, looking around, realising that Pete was not with us.

"Shit!" Porsche cursed out loud, panicked. I remembered we saw Pete was being dragged away from us after the attackers knocked him out. That was before both Porsche and I lost our consciousness.

What is going on? Why are they targetting Pete? Why would they take Pete away? What are they planning to do? To get revenge for taking over this warehouse? Since Pete was the one dealing with them in that mission? That was why Uncle Korn personally gave that role to Pete, wasn't it? For him to be the black sheep?

I brushed them off. Still... They should have known that Pete is just a bodyguard for the main family. He was just following the orders given to him. Why would they take revenge on a bodyguard? They would not get anything out of it.

To get more information about the Main Family? Since Pete has been working in that family longer than Porsche? There is a possibility for this. As if the information they got from Tawan is not enough.

Ugh! I need to get out from here and find Pete as soon as possible. I shake off my hands, trying to figure out how strong the rope is. It is sturdy enough, but we will need a sharp tool to break ourselves free from it.

I looked around, searching for anything that could help us out of here. That was when I saw a piece of glass. It was near Porsche's side. He can try to reach it using his leg.

"Porsche!" I called for his attention after making sure that no one is here to watch us. Porsche looked at me.

"Get that glass over there and break off the rope using it." I told him. Porsche nodded. He was struggling to get the piece glass using his feet, but he got it anyway. He uses the glass to break off the rope. I wait for him to succeed.

"Hurry up, you idiot!" I cursed at Porsche after waiting for a while. Why is that piece of broken glass only found near to him? If it was near to me, I could easily break myself out of the rope using it. It has been almost 10 minutes, and he is still not successful.

"The rope is thick and sturdy you, spoiled rich brat!" Porsche replied to me. "You try to do it yourself!" He continued.

It looked like he wanted to pass me the glass, but I hurriedly screamed, "No, you dumbass! What if we lose the glass. Our chance to escape will turn to zero." I scolded him.

I started to question the Main Family's standard in hiring their bodyguards. Except for Pete. He is an excellent bodyguard. He only had trouble hiding himself while doing the undercover mission. That is all.

After a few more minutes, Porsche managed to cut off the rope. Then, he untied the rope off of me. We went to the room's door. There was only one bodyguard watching over us, which was weird. Do they even know who I am? Porsche and I can easily fight off that bodyguard.

After making sure that the path is cleared, we ran off to look for Pete, hoping he is still in the warehouse. We moved around as discreetly and quietly as possible to avoid any unnecessary fight. We focus on our main mission, which is to find Pete and save him.

It took us a while to search around the warehouse, considering how big it is. I stopped and gave a hand sign to Porsche to stop moving as well. I perk up my ears to hear the voices of a few people talking among themselves. I focus my listening to find out if I can hear Pete's voice with them. Nothing.

I decided to move closer to the source of the voices. It brought us to a larger space. Porsche and I peeked through the wall. My blood boiled as I saw Pete was tied up to a big pillar. There are three bodyguards who looked after him. They talked to each other. It seemed like they were waiting for someone else to come.

I wanted to get out of my hiding spot to kill those bodyguards and released Pete when Porsche stopped me from doing what I was doing. "What the he'll are you doing?" I scolded him.

"Shouldn't we wait?" Porsche suggested.

"What? Are you insane?" That was absurb! What if they did something to Pete while we were waiting and hiding?

"Look." Porsche pointed at them. "Pete barely has any wounds, and it seems like they are waiting for someone. Shouldn't we wait for that person to come?"

"They are already outnumbered us. If there are more to come, what do you think the chance for all of us to escape?" I tried to reasoned with him, causing him to think.

"You have your phone. Call Kinn for backup." That was what came out with.

"Did you forget? He just locked you up in a cell." I reminded him.

"Just do as I said. We have to catch the bigger fish. If we save Pete and run away, we will still be hunted by the main family. I am pretty sure all the evidence is here. We need to catch the bigger fish to free us from the main family's suspicions." I think for a while. He has his point. To my surprise, he has his brain with him. I took out my phone and left it to him to have a contact with Kinn.

We waited and waited until I started to lose my patience. Porsche tapped on my shoulder to remind me to calm down. Ahh... screw him!

That was when we heard more footsteps are coming. Don, Tawan, and a few other people were coming, and we haven't heard anything from Kinn yet. Now, they have really outnumbered us.

We observed from afar. I watched as they surrounded Pete, questioning and pressuring him. I couldn't hear their conversation, but seeing Pete looking all tense and stressed, I felt like running towards him, but Porsche kept on forcing me to wait.

I saw red when I saw they started to get closer to Pete and touch him. I ran straight to them and fought them off. Leaving Porsche behind. Porsche has no choice but to get involved as well. He fight them off alongside me. We stood in front of Pete, acting as a barrier between them.

The men took out their guns. Porsche and I looked at each other. I can see the anger in Porsche eyes towards me. I don't even care about it, and I won't regret trying to save Pete, but I also realised that... We are so dead.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

A sudden gunshot sound can be heard nearby. I stepped back to get closer to Pete. Porsche followed my steps. We let out a sigh of relief when the shooters appeared. They are from the main family. The enemy's bodyguards switched their attention to the main family's bodyguards. I took the chance to release Pete while Porsche is backing us up.

Once the rope that was tied around Pete was released, Pete fell down to his knee. I caught him right away. "Are you okay?" I asked Pete. "Pete?"

He ignored my question. I kept my eyes on his while his eyes were fixed on the fight that was happening right in front of us with a blank expression. I do not know what to do.

"Just drag him out of here!" Porsche shouted at me. I forced Pete to stand and pulled him out of the warehouse into safety.

_________

I'm sorry. I know I said I would update as frequently as I can, but I can only plan. Last week was a busy week for me 😭.

And

Congratulations B for selling out your first solo concert. I couldn't be more prouder than this 💙.