28. Going Back

VEGAS

I woke up with a start. The room was dark. I look at the time from my handphone. It was almost five o'clock in the morning. I must have accidently fell asleep as I wait for Pete.

My palm touched the bed where Pete was supposed to sleep in. It was cold. I jolted as I realized that Pete was not here. I look around the room. Pete is not here. I checked the bathroom. Pete is still nowhere to be found. Where is he?

When I was about to go out to search for Pete, the room's door was opened by someone from outside. I let out a relief sigh. "Where were you?" I asked him. He flinched a little bit. Probably because he didn't expect me to be awake at this hour.

"I was just wandering around and went out to get a fresh air."

"At this hour?"

"I feel suffocated staying in the room." He answered. It's too bad I couldn't see the expression he was wearing on his face because of the lack of light present in the room.

I stopped asking as he went straight back to the bed. I followed him. I just watched him as he lay down on the bed, facing the wall, and used the blanket to entirely cover himself from head to toe.

Pete... I want to call out his name so badly, but I didn't think he would give any response to me. He seemed okay before he went to sleep. What's with the sudden change in his mood? I sat down and just looked at his back that was covered by a blue blanket.

Huh?! I woke up by the ray of light coming from the window. Pete is again, not in his bed. I cursed at myself for accidently falling asleep while Pete was not in his best condition.

I was reminded by his condition earlier this morning. I'm wondering what could have happened in those few hours. I looked at the time. It's already 7:30 o'clock in the morning. I'll have to go soon, but how can I leave Pete alone in this state?

"Oh, Vegas. You are awake!" Pete walked out of the bathroom.

"You were in the bathroom?" I asked him. He nodded. He is already out of his hospital gown from yesterday and is wearing a new set of clothes. A casual cloth.

"It seems like Pol came yesterday and brought me my clothes." He pointed at a bag full of clothes. "He thought I'm going to stay here longer, so I brought a lot." Pete chuckled while saying it.

I looked at him with a concerned look. Something is wrong. The changes in his mood from last night, early morning, and now are too obvious.

"Pete, did something happen last night?" I asked him.

He laughed. "What could have happened? We are here all the time." He is making sense. "I should be the one asking you if everything is okay. About what you found out yesterday."

"I'm fine. It somehow makes me feel relief. At least I know Ma didn't leave Macau and I because she hates us." I smile at Pete. Pete smiles back at me.

"I think you should go now. You haven't been back to your house since yesterday." Pete reminded me.

After contemplating for some time, I finally decided to go back to the minor family mansion. Leaving Pete alone at the hospital. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. I will visit him later today, after I finish working.

I went back to a minor family mansion. I was greeted by my enraged father. I was again getting beaten up by my father, which I have always used to it. Getting to know the real reason behind the way he treated me and Macau doesn't really change anything after all.

"What the hell were you doing?!" Pa screamed as he slapped me.

"I only did what you asked me to do!" I didn't know where I got the strength to answer him. He grunted before he went out of the mansion.

I went to my room. As always, I started to throw things away from my desk and kick whatever I could reach until I was out of my breath. Then, I took a bath and wore my maroon silk collared shirt to go to the main family mansion to have a meeting with Kinn.

I agreed to meet him to discuss the incident that happened yesterday involving me, Pete, Porsche, and Tawan. Also, to confirm the involvement of Ken with the minor family. Since Ken's disguised had blew up, there was no use of keeping him anyway.

"So, there is no evidence showing that Pete has any relation with Tawan or the Don's family." Kinn concludes.

"Yes. Don took him because of the betrayal he felt during the mission of taking over his biggest warehouse. He probably couldn't accept the fact that he was fooled by a bodyguard. My father had been involved with him ever since I was little. So, I know him." I gave Kinn the assurance he needed.

"Yes. There is no way Pete can be involved in any of these issues. He is simply at the wrong place at the wrong time." Porsche added. Then, I can hear someone yawn of boredom.

"Okay, so can I go now? I'm wasting my time by being here. I thought there was more than this." Kim, who has been sitting at the sofa near Kinn's office desk since the beginning of the meeting, complained.

"You are the one insisted to join this meeting." Kinn shook his head.

Bam! The sound of the door being slammed open startled all of us in the room. "Vegas!!!" Khun charged at me and grabbed me by my collar, forcing me to stand up.

He was followed by his two bodyguards. If I'm not mistaken, they are called Arm and Pol, Pete's two useless friends.

"Where the hell did you take my Pete to? He is not in his wardroom!" Khun shook my body.

My eyes widened as I heard Khun's sentences. "What are you talking about? He was there when I left." Slowly, Khun let go of my collar.

"What should we do? What if he got kidnapped again?!" Khun becomes more panic than before.

I was reminded by Pete's behaviour this morning. I know he was acting weird, but I just let him be since I knew it would take time for him to tell anything that was on his mind.

There was also a bag with clothes Pete claimed had been brought by Pol for him. I looked at the taller bodyguard. "Didn't you are the one bringing Pete's clothes for him?" I asked him.

"Y...yes. he asked me to bring them for him." Pol answered.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" Khun screamed at his bodyguard.

"What else did he told you?" I asked him.

"He told me he will probably not going back to the mansion for a while. So, I thought he would be staying in the hospital for another few days." He answered me.

"What should we do? Where could he have gone?" Khun's voice only created chaos.

This explained Pete's weird behaviour this morning. He had been planning to go somewhere. He had kept it as a secret, but why?

I ignored every disturbing noise from entering my head until I heard Kinn's talking, "Pete gave me a text. He is on his way going back to his hometown."