14. The White Room

PETE

"Where is this? Where am I?" I asked myself. After few seconds, I realised that I am back to the other world.

'Isn't this that place? Why am I back again?'

It has been a while since I last entered this parallel world. The last time I was here, I discovered that I couldn't get too far away from my body. If I did, me in this world will die.

I stood near the sofa located at the end of this spacious white room ward while looking at my body, lying still on the hospital bed, incapable of doing anything. This 'Pete' was barely hanging onto his life. If not because of the life supporting machine that was connected to his body, he would have died.

I do not know how this works, but I'm afraid if this 'Pete' dies, I might die too? Or I'll never be ever to be in this parallel world again? If that's really happened, what is the point of me knowing the future? The only thing I know is Vegas will die. I will not be able to know anything if this 'Pete' died.

'Seriously, what happened to you, Pete?' I have no recollection of what was happening at all. The last memory I had was me crying over Vegas' dying body, but I can't remember and I don't understand why and how am I, too being on the verge of death?

While I was cracking my brain, creating theories of what might had happened, the room door was opened from the outside. Khun Noo entered the room with his appealing attire. An orange suit with light green tie. Ugh! My eyes hurt. He came in with Dr. Top. I raised my eyebrows. Did Dr. Top's taste really this absurb? Can I really trust him with my treatment?

"Oh, my Pete!!!" Khun Noo ran with in his small steps and hug the lying 'Pete'.

I instinctly jumped forward and stood nearer to 'Pete'. Did he wished for my death? Can't he be more careful? I could have died. What if he accidently detached my life support machine from my body? I looked at Dr. Top. Hoping for his help which only led to my dissapointment. As if he can see me.

Dr. Top turned his head towards the door when it was suddenly opened. Arm entered the room with... Khun Kim? He is Khun Korn's youngest son. I rarely seen him. Not in my current life nor in this other parallel life. He moved out from Main family mansion and will only come when he is asked to. But... why is he here?

"Have you received Vegas' autopsy result?" Khun Noo asked as soon as the door is closed. He turned into his serious mode which is extremely rare.

"Four bullets on Khun Vegas missed his vital organs. That was shot by the main family's bodyguard that was shot dead by Pete." Arm told Khun Noo, Khun Kim, and Dr. Top the results from Vegas' autopsy report. Right. I remembered shooting a man down.

"However, the caused of his death was the fifth bullet." Arm continued. What? There was a fifth bullet? I don't remember this. I took a few steps closer to them to listen to their discussion clearer.

"The thing is..." Arm paused causing Khun Noo and Dr. Top to give their full attention towards Arm. Arm hand them the autopsy report he received.

"The fifth bullet was from different type of gun from the four bullets, but it was the same bullet that was found in Pete's body." Arm continued.

"That means the person who shot Pete is Vegas' real killer." Khun Kim concluded. Arm nodded.

"And that person tried to kill Pete as well." Dr. Top added after hearing Khun Kim's conclusion.

"Why? Why he wanted to kill Pete?" Khun Noo asked, puzzled.

"Probably to get rid of the witness? If that's true, Pete probably knew who the killer was." Khun Kim shrugged while voicing out his opinion.

"But still... why is it so important for him to get rid of Vegas? Minor family is gone anyway. Uncle Gun is dead." Khun Noo raised his doubtness.

"We can only know it once we get to know who the culprit is. Our main problem we didn't even have a suspect. We didn't even know who shot them." Khun Kim replied to Khun Noo's doubt.

Khun Kim faced Arm. "What about the gun's type? Any cctv footage that caught the glimpse of the shooter's face, figure, shadow, whatever?" Khun Kim asked Arm.

"The bullet is still with forensic. They'll contact us once they found out the gun's type. From what they said, it is quite rare. Probably custom made. The cctv footage directed towards the pool has been corrupted." Arm replied. Then he continued, "I'll go check the other cctvs." He gave a slight bow before went out of the room.

Once Arm got out, Khun Noo and Khun Kim looked at each other. It seemed like they already have known something in their mind. Then their eyes shifted towards 'Pete' that was lying on the bed. They looked at him with an unexplainable expression.

*********

I woke up to the sound of a door opening. My head was throbing hurts. I had trouble opening my eyes by the bright light of the room. Huh... it was another white room. But it was not as big as the room from the other world.

"You are awake." Dr. Top said while checking the iv fluid level that was attached at the back of my palm, beside the bed I was lying on. "You can go back after you've finished this iv drip." Dr. Top told me.

"Where am I? What am I doing here?" I asked, confused.

"The family's hospital." Dr. Top answered. "Your blood pressure is too low. How many days have you not been eating and sleeping properly?" It's Dr. Top's turn to ask me questions.

"I don't know." I was too lazy to think of the right answer. "I am here. Is that means the family knows I am here?" I asked, worried for others to know about my condition, especially Khun Noo. I do not wish to create any drama in the mansion.

"All the patients' information are confidential. Don't worried. Although they will still have you to explain things since you haven't be back to the mansion since last night." Dr. Top warned me.

Dr. Top's warning make me fully awake. I changed my position from lying to sit. "What time is it?" I asked Dr. Top in shocked.

"It's 8.15 in the morning. I'm doing my morning round and you have been here all night after fainted right in front of me at the bar's parking lot."

"You have been postponing our appointment, refuse to receive any medication, therapy, or even counselling."

I sat still while listening to Dr. Top's professional rage. I don't even dare to look up at him.

"If you keep this attitude going, I'll have to write a letter to your boss." He gave me another warning.

"Please don't." I pleaded.

"Listen to your doctor then."

"I will."

Before Dr. Top went out of the room, I informed him, "I'll text Khun Kinn to let him know that I was here."

"I'll write you a mc letter and give you two days off of work. You need rest."

"Thank you, Dr. Top."

"I need to go to the main family's mansion later today. I'll send you back, so you don't have to go back by yourself."

"Thank you, Dr. Top." I thanked him again right before he left the white room.