8. The Mission

PETE

Khun Kinn and Porsche was abducted while they were at Porsche's house and got lost in the woods. As the result of that incident, Khun Kinn got injured. Unfortunately, I was not involved in the search and rescue operation in the other life, so I didn't have much details about it. I didn't even knew about Khun Kinn and Porsche's whereabout when they were found. The only thing I knew was they were found between two cliffs. So I decided to stay out of it since I am very sure nothing worst would happen.

One thing that I know, Don was the main suspect behind the crime. Porsche, Arm, Big, and I went undercover to capture Don. However, we only managed to get one of his underlings. Actually, it was Vegas who caught him. We interrogated him, but nothing came out of his mouth.

Vegas took over the interrogation process and managed the get that man to speak out. I had only heard about it, but that was the first time I got to see his gruesome methods and few months after, I had got to taste it myself. It was not a pleasant memory at all.

I've been trying to deny all of these, but being abducted by him affected me in this life. I love him, but it can't change the fact that he was once tortured and humiliated me in the way that no one should experience it. It was awful and traumatized.

It was the night when Khun Kinn and Porsche got abducted. I was doing staked out as ordered by Khun Kinn although my mind was elsewhere. I can't stopped worrying about both, Khun Kinn and Porsche, but there was nothing I can do without looking suspicious. I decided to focus onto the bigger picture. To stop the war between main and minor family. I don't want to be suspected as a spy or traitor.

Khun Kinn ordered me and Pol to follow Vegas to see if we can get any clue or evidence about the slush fund that had been going on within the family. I was waiting in the car while Vegas and Macau went to eat at a restaurant nearby.

Pol was sleeping in the driver's seat. While waiting, I decided to take out my notebook. I turned on the dome light to have a better sight.

As far I knew, the war happened because of Porsche's mother who was actually still alive, but under Khun Korn's hand. Khun Gun received the information from Ken. He betrayed the main family. The problem was I didn't knew when he started working with minor family.

From these notes, I can tell that I kow nothing. I put my forehead on the dashboard. "I'm not joking when I said my cousins won't live a long life." I startled even though I knew he would come. I looked at him while hiding the notebook. "Your friend sucks." Vegas peeked at Pol.

"I know." I said, looking at Pol while forcing a laugh.

"Here." He handed me a tumbler.

"What is this?" I knitted my brow, wondering.

"Coffee. In case you got tired."

I let out a fake laugh. I took it and put it aside. I don't think I'll be drinking it. I don't really trust him yet.

"Are you going to the bar near the river this Friday?" I don't know why, but I felt like asking him.

"That was like in five days. How would I know?" Vegas answered. I didn't like his tone. It made me feel like I'm a fool. "Why?" He asked.

I shook my head. I felt like telling him to come earlier since he is going to help anyway, but never mind. I can't be asking help from a minor family member.

"I should get going. See you again." Vegas walked away.

I can hear Pol sniffing, I looked at him seeing him moving his nose like a dog while his eyes were still closed. He found the tumbler. "It smells good. Can I have it?." He asked for my permission. I just nodded. Good. Now I can get to know whether Vegas can be trusted or not. If nothing happened to Pol, then I can conclude that Vegas is trustworthy.

*********

We received an intel informing that Don will be appearing at a bar near the river on Friday night. Phi Chan prepared a plan, requiring us to do an undercover. Porsche, Big, and I disguised ourselves as the bar workers while and few other bodyguards disguised as customers.

Arm sat at the corner of the bar, observing the cctv that had been hacked by him. The undercover bodyguards acted as instructed by Arm. He'll told us if he saw anyone being suspicious. As for me, I specifically looking for the person that will threw out the grenade. I planned to seize the grenade, ran out towards the river, and threw it out. I couldn't tell the other that I know how he looks like, so I decided to search for him by myself.

As I looked around, I saw a familiar figure, but I must have been mistaken because he shouldn't have arrived here this early. I walked around with a glasses of liquor, disguising as a waiter while observing the surrounding until my eyes catches a familiar face. "I found him." I said with a grinned.

I walked closer to him, offering the drink I had been holding. He seemed agitated at first, but then he took the glass I offered anyway and looked away. Once he get distracted, I had my hand slipped at the back of his trousers and boom! I touched the grenade. Easier said than done, I tried to seize it, but the man realized it quickly than I thought.

He managed to take the grenade out and removed the safety pin. Porsche and Big noticed and they helped me to seize the grenade as well. Once I get a hold of it, I shouted at Porsche and Big as I ran towards the exit, "Cover me!"

I am about to get out of the bar when I was attacked by another two men. That was when Vegas arrived and took the grenade from me. His men took over and fought with the men that were attacking me.

Vegas and I looked at each other. I was stunned for a moment until Vegas asked me, "Now, what?"

"To the river, now!" I told him. We ran out of the bar towards the river. Vegas threw the grenade into the river right before it exploded.

I was breathing heavily as I looked at the river. I bend forward, trying to catch my breath. "You really do know how to get yourself into trouble." Vegas commented. I was too tired to argue, so I decided to just let it slide.

"We caught him!" Arm shouted as he ran closer to us. He seemed confused seeing Vegas here, but he kept going, "We brought him to the basement. We just need to make him talk."

"So, will you be available once he talked?" Vegas suddenly asked, looking at me.

"Huh?"

"Great!" He smiled. "Lead me to the basement." Vegas ordered Arm.

"Ah...yes, Khun Vegas." Arm puzzled, but he still lead us the way.

We arrived at the basement. Big had started the interrogation while Porsche was reporting about current situation to Khun Kinn on the phone. It seemed like no progress had been made after 30 minutes causing Vegas to intervene.

I watched as he started torturing that man.  Do I have to prepare myself to go through this again? I don't want to be tortured again, but if Khun Kinn gave me the same mission, I will still do it. I would never disobeyed him.

The memory when I was abducted, tortured, and humiliated by Vegas flashed into my mind. I started to sweat and almost forgot how to breathe. I felt really choked up.

"Pete!" I startled by a loud voice, calling my name.  It was Vegas'. He was looking at me. Only then I realized that Porsche, Arm, and Big were looking at me as well.

"Get out!" Vegas gave me an order.