50. Kim

PETE

"What is Kim doing there?"

It was not a surprise for Vegas to be shocked for Khun Kim's involvement. Even I was in disbelief when I saw him getting involved in Vegas' death's investigation. I felt like I've seen him more often when I was in the subsconscious world than the few years I've been working in the Main family.

He never appeared. Either for the monthly family meeting, any social gathering events, or any negotiations with other mafia families. Even during Khun Korn's birthday events, Khun Kim would appeared only to present his gifts, and then he would magically disappear.

Based on our conversation at the hospital, he seemed to be more interested on the fact that there was another power that can challenge his father's power than supporting his father to keep his throne as one of the most powerful mafia power in this mafia world.

I also can't keep it out of my mind about the fact that Khun Kim already knew about my background before I did. As far as I remember, there are no cases of coups among the mafia families.

In fact, I know nothing about my family being one of the most powerful mafia families before. Although for now, it may be just something for him to have some fun with.

I glanced at Vegas and immediately looked down at my hands as Vegas caught me and returned the look. "To be honest, I..." I contemplated for a second while Vegas kept himself quiet, looking at me with anticipation.

I decided to just let Vegas know. "I met Khun Kim last week."

-Flashback-

It was 12.30 am. I went out of the Main family mansion using the secret backdoor I always used to sneak out. I wore my all black outfit to meet him at the small alley behind the main family's bodyguards' favourite convenience store.

I walked, and sometimes, I would turn my head around to make sure no one was following me. I was looking at my back when I heard a blank tone greeted me, "What are you doing?"

"Khun Kim!" I was startled to see him standing right in front of me with a cigarette in between his two fingers. "I'm trying to make sure no one sees me going here." I answered him.

"Well, you obviously going to fail." Khun Kim threw the cigarette to the tar road and stepped on it to put out the fire. "You stood up more acting that way." He walked out of the small alley towards the bigger road.

I followed him, confused. "I thought we were keeping our meeting a secret?" I asked him.

"Says who?" He threw a file on the table and sat on the chair prepared by the convenience store's owner for its customers.

I looked up, thinking and trying to remember if Khun Kim had ever said that this meeting was confidential. "Isn't that why you asked me to meet here in the middle of the night?" I asked innocently.

Khun Kim rolled his eyes. "This is the only free time I have." He answered despite seeming a bit annoyed with my question. I glanced towards the file he placed on the table. Awareness strikes me of something I seem to have forgotten. Even though Khun Kim and I are the same age, he is still a student. I mean... most people at our age are.

I sat on the chair opposite Khun Kim's after noticing his gesture, instructing me to sit. "You know why I call you over." He began our meetup. I responded with a nod.

"Good. Now, let's continue from where we left." He leaned his back to the chair, crossed his legs, and folded his arms. "Your boyfriend is not going to interrupt us this time, too, isn't he? I don't feel like killing anyone today."

I gave him a nervous laugh as a response and waited for him to continue. "Let's start from where we left off." I nodded as agreement.

"Last time, you were talking about Porsche's mother being the both siblings' crush, which is not a surprise. At least for me. I've investigated Porsche's family because, as you know, my father threatened him to work with the main family using his uncle's debt. Although, that was just an excuse to get Porsche to keep him close. Such a small amount of debt never really bothers my father." Kim spoke really fast, without a pause.