23. Trap

PETE

"What is happening? Why are you here?" Vegas asked me while having Ken in his captive once Porsche and I reached him. Both Porsche, who is also curious as to why I am here, and Vegas looked at me.

"I... I heard some rumours... about Porsche." I answered honestly. It is true that it all started from a rumour, and the person who started it is Pol.

"Okay. Then, how do you know I was kept here?" Porsche asked me another question after not being satisfied with my answer to Vegas' question.

"This is the only underground cell that belongs to the main family with no cctv installed." I was stating the obvious. Both of them still looked confused.

I let out a sigh. "We all know that both you and Khun Kinn are in a relationship..."

"Wait..." Porsche trying to interrupt.

"Shh..." Vegas asked Porsche to stop talking. "This is getting interesting." He continued with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and continued, ignoring both of them, "...and we can all tell how much he loves and care about you..."

"Pete!" Porsche raised his voice, demanding me to stop talking.

"Hey! He is talking." Vegas warned Porsche with a calm but firm tone of voice.

"You already get it. Now, what should we do with this guy?" Porsche pointed out to the main family's bodyguard that is also one of the spies of minor family. I tried to shift Vegas and my attention from his relationship with Khun Kinn.

"Just kill him." Vegas shrugged. I'm giving him the side eye and making a grunt sound, showing how annoyed I am with his way of solving problems. Vegas was seen grinning, probably feeling contented as he got my reaction.

I can feel a pair of eyes looking at me and Vegas back and forth. I don't dare to look back at him. Instead, I raised my head, looking around at our surroundings, choosing to ignore him to realize that the day was getting dark.

The sun has almost sets. The light blue sky is disappearing and being replaced by a pale tint of orange colour. Their shadow extended by the remaining sunlight before it completely disappeared and being replaced by the dark night sky.

"Let's bring him in first and figure out what should we do with him." I suggested. Porsche and Vegas nodded.

We use the same cell that was used to lock up Porsche to lock up Ken. I looked at him and thought. He was the one who captured me. His disguise has been revealed. Even if I was given the same mission by Khun Kinn, everything should be fine. I won't have to go throught 'that' again. I can trust him. Right?

"Pete?"

But why is he here saving Porsche? Is he still interested in Porsche? I don't even know why he likes me. Wait... did I just make assumptions that he likes me based on his words and actions from the other universe? This 'Vegas' and that 'Vegas' are not the same.

"Pete."

Does he really like me? I am getting confused. Sometimes, I have trouble differentiating things between these two worlds. I even have trouble figuring out my own feelings.

I am here to help this 'Pete'. So that he and Vegas can at least be together in this world. So that this 'Pete' and I won't have any regret in future. I will soon go back to that lifeless body of mine. Right? I hate my feelings, and I hate my thoughts right now!

"Pete!" I came to awareness as Vegas shouted my name and pulled both of my hands and turned me to face him. He gave me a concerned look. I looked at him, confused. Porsche, who was wandering around the space, came closer to us to see what was going on.

Vegas raised my left hand and looked at it. I followed his eyes, looking at the same place where he looked. The back of my left hand seems red, and there are some marks probably coming from...my own other hand? Did I do this? I didn't even realize how strong my grip is that it can leave these marks.

"Did you make these?" Porsche asked, pointed at those marks.

"Are you okay?" Vegas asked me.

I pulled my hands and hid them behind my back. "Has Tawan contacted you?" I asked Vegas before turning to Porsche. "What about you? Did Chay answer your call?"

Porsche let out a heavy sigh. He handed me over the phone he used to call Porchay to me. "Nothing. He is probably busy with his assignments." Porsche shook his head. "Why are you so worried?" Porsche asked me a question which was then ignored by me. I am not in the mood to answer any questions. I just want to make sure things happen differently here. What I meant by different is better.

"We might be safe now, but not for long. Once Khun Kinn realized that Ken didn't give him any updates, Khun Kinn would start to get suspicious. We need to search for evidence to prove it was done by Tawan before Khun Kinn realizes it." I told Vegas and Porsche.

"You go surrender yourself. This happened because you got involved with him." Porsche told Vegas to voluntarily give himself up to the main family. He really didn't even care about the hierarchy in this family. Does he even know that he is also indirectly working for Vegas? Since his last name is also Theerapanyakul.

"I asked him to get the information for me, not to spill the information to another mafia family." Vegas defending himself. "Plus, I don't really care what happened to you. You have been freed. You can go find the evidence by yourself." He continued.

Vegas was about to go out when Porsche said, "Go. Pete will help me."Porsche looked at me and asked, "Right, Pete?"

"Of course I will." I answered without hesitating for a bit.

Vegas stepped closer to us. "Tawan just texted me. He is waiting for us at the warehouse that previously belongs to Don's family." I read the text sent by Tawan to Vegas.

"You mean the one that we take over just two weeks ago?" Porsche asked for confirmation. Vegas just nodded.

"He said to 'come together'? Does he know who you are with?" I furrowed my eyebrow. How does he know Vegas is not alone? Vegas shrugged. Vegas, Porsche, and I looked at Ken, who was observing us with a smirk. His expression makes me feel like shooting him.

"Let him be. Let us go." Porsche pushed Vegas and pulled my arm with him.

We arrived at the said warehouse. Porsche ride Vegas' motorbike, while Vegas sits beside the driver seat in the car that I drive. The environment was strangely quiet. "I thought the main family was protecting this warehouse. Why did they leave it with no bodyguards at all?" Vegas questioning us.

Porsche and I looked at each other. "We did." We answered almost at the same time.

We decided to be more careful. Once we entered the warehouse, the lights turned on and surprise! There are more than a dozen bodyguards waiting for us, including Tawan.

"Shit! We are trapped." Porsche said while looking at me and then Vegas.

_________

Surprise! Another update!!!

I wish to end this ff as soon as possible. I want to quickly move on from VP, but at the same time, I don't want to leave this ff hanging. I'll write as frequently as possible. Please bear with the frequent updates!

Enjoy your reading!