42. It is Still Happening

PETE

This is wrong. This is just too wrong. Just before I decided to start walking to enter the Main Family mansion, Khun Noo came with Arm and Pol. "Pete!!!!"

"That motherf*cker!" Vegas cursed. "He knows too well exactly when is the time to show up." Vegas is clearly not pleased with Khun Noo's arrival.

Without saying a word, Khun Noo opened the car's backdoor and shoved me into the car, followed by himself.

When Vegas just stood still outside of the car, being speechless while watching Khun Noo and I went in, Khun Noo gave him an instruction, "Get in and bring us back to the Main Family mansion. It's freaking hot out here."

"Errr... what about us, Khun Noo?"Pol interrupted. He was drenched in sweat. It made me realises how hot the weather was these days. I haven't even realised it since I've been staying in an air-conditioned room and never really went out of the Minor Family's building.

"What else? Walk. You coming here walking, of course you can go back walking too." Look who's talking. As if he didn't just come here walking with both Pol and Arm.

Pol and Arm grunted as they started their steps lazily towards the route they came from. Oh... poor Arm and Pol. I chuckled a bit.

Suddenly, a hand hit the back of my head. "You dare to laugh? We have some talking to do!"

I can hear the sound of the car door being opened and Vegas entered the car. He turned the engine on and got ready to drive Khun Noo and I back to the Main Family Mansion.

Before he started to drive his car, I leaned forward, nearer to Vegas and suggested, "I think it is more proper if I am the one driving."

"You sit here quietly! Do you think it is proper for you to stay in another man's house for days?" Khun Noo hitted my arm. I glanced at Vegas, who was also peeking at me through the rear view mirror.

I leaned my body against the backseat and looked out of the car through the window. Vegas drove the car without saying a thing.

Once we arrived, Khun Noo got out of the car and complained as he slammed the car door shut, "Huh! You are a bad driver, after all."

I went out through the other door. Vegas rolled his eyes. He locked his eyes with mine, completely ignoring Khun Noo. He approached me, looking at me with his concerned eyes, and said, "You know how to reach me."

Khun Noo scoffed. "What do you mean he knows how to reach you? He doesn't even need you."

I held Vegas' hand to avoid him from going to Khun Noo. I don't want us to catch more attention than needed. Thankfully, it was out of Khun Noo's sight. "Thanks to him, at least I got to send you back into the mansion without you having a walk."

"I would be grateful to have a walk. I haven't been working out for days." I let out a sigh.

"You don't even need to work out for your whole life if you come to minor family." It's scary how he made it sounded like he was joking, yet I can still find the seriousness in his tone... that he meant it.

Khun Noo reached out to my arm. I didn't even realise when he went around the car to reach us. He pulled me and stood in between us, becoming our wall.

Khun Noo faced Vegas. "You should stay away from Pete. I mean it when I say it." Khun Noo sounded serious that it gave me a shiver. I never saw Khun Noo being this serious.

"I'm serious. You should go." Khun Noo added. Even Vegas seemed confused with Khun Noo's action.

"My favourite series is showing in an hour! Now, shoo--" Khun Noo's last two sentences left Vegas dumbfounded. Even I regretted thinking Khun Noo can be serious about something.

"You really are the malfunction one." Vegas shook his head.

"As if you are the perfect one!" Khun Noo snorted.

"Can I go to my room now? I need to send my stuff there." I asked, not giving attention to any of their arguments.

Not even a second, Khun Noo quickly responded, "No! I miss you, so you will go directly to my chamber." He pushed me so that I'll start walking, leaving Vegas to get into his car and went whenever he needed to be.

Inside Khun Noo's room, he reminded me, "Just work with me. Don't follow others' orders. You are assigned as my bodyguard, so just listen to me unless I permitted you to do some certain other orders. Even if the orders are from my father or Kinn."

That is what he said... but do I really have the choice to oblige and do as Khun Noo said? I've been given a weirdly enormous number of jobs that I got totally drained to even think about my own ongoing personal issue.

Everything else seemed quite normal. I was not disturbed by the Don's family. They were probably trying to stay low so as to not cause any other commission until one day, Khun Kinn called me to his office.

"I know that I suspected you before and I am sorry for that. I don't know who else to talk to about this. I can see no one else who can pull off this task perfectly other than you." Khun Kinn started the conversation.

He continued, "Porsche is hiding something from me and I need to know what it is. Also..." Khun Kinn hesitated. "He seemed to have met Vegas often lately. I need to know why."

So they have started to work together. From what I remember, Porsche asked for Vegas' help to find out the information about his family because he felt like Khun Kinn is keeping the secret from him, while the truth is even Khun Kinn didn't aware of what his father is doing.

Meanwhile, Vegas helped Porsche because he needed to get on Porsche's good side to impress his father. Although this time, I'm pretty sure he is motivated by other reasons.

"I wanted to trust him...that he will not betray the Main family... Betray me. I don't want to doubt Porsche."

'Isn't that what he is doing right now? Doubting Porsche.'

"However, I don't think we will find anything if we search it here." I just let Khun Kinn say whatever he wanted to say. I listened while keeping my sight to the ground.

"I need you to search Vegas' room. Look for any information on what they are working on together." Khun Kinn gave me his order.

I raised my head, looking shocked, while Khun Kinn looked at me. "Are you not going to follow my order? Because you wish to protect your boy-"

"He is not!" I quickly cut Khun Kinn's sentence. "Porsche is an important friend to me. If it will help to clear your doubt on him, I'll do it." I continued.

"I am not doubting h-"

"Excuse me." I cut him for the second time today. Giving him a quick bow and walking out of his office.

I never saw this coming. I thought we had successfully avoided it, me breaking into Vegas' room and office. Even though the situation is different, we didn't avoid it. We couldn't. Instead, we were just postponing it. It is still happening.