32. The Truth

PETE

I went back to the Anurak family's compound. Alone. My mind keeps thinking of the place, the photos, the secret door behind the cabinet... basically, everything about it.

I went into the last room I entered before I was found by Grandma and Vegas. The familiar feeling I felt came back. I immediately moved the cabinet to reveal the small door I discovered earlier. I went through the door without any hesitation.

My curiousity makes me forget all of my bodyguard's routine and training, which is to always inspect and make sure the surroundings are safe to start any mission.

My carelessness took a toll on me when someone or maybe more attacked me. Everything went black, and that was when I once again transferred into the long forgotten universe.

*********

"We can't let him stay here. We need to get him out of here. We need to move him." Macau pleaded to Khun Kinn.

Huh? It has been a long time since I was here.

He then turned to Khun Noo. "Khun, please..." Macau begged. He held both of Khun Noo's hands.

Ah... the real, now me must have been unconscious.

He moved to Khun Kim. "I can't lose him too." He is crying. Macau is crying... for me? I watched the scene in surprised. I mean... we do have some encounters in this life, but I never knew he would be so affected if I'm gone.

Porchay came closer to Macau and patted his back to calm him down.

"Hiaa always reminded me to treat Phi Pete as my own brother. To love and protect him as my own brother. That was the first time Hiaa ever asked me to do something." Macau cries even louder while saying this.

Porsche, who has been sitting beside Pete the whole time, stood up and went closer to Khun Kinn. "Is there anything we can do to move him without Pa's knowing?" He whispered to Khun Kinn.

"You know how powerful he is. There is highly no chance of we doing it. His eyes and ears are everywhere." Khun Kinn replied to Porsche.

"Then, just expose him! Tell everyone what kind of person he is! Tell everyone that he killed hiaa... and he is about to do the same to Phi Pete." Macau snapped. He started to lose control as the others didn't give him any response.

"You guys are protecting him because of his position and for the fact that he is your father. Have you ever thought of Phi Pete? Is he nobody for all of you?" Macau took a few steps back towards the door.

In disbelief and disappointment, he said, "If you guys won't do anything, I'll do it myself. I'll handle this on my own."

Macau is about to get out of the ward room when Khun Kim interrupted, "And you will only get both, you and Pete killed." He let out a heavy sigh before continued, "Pa won't kill Pete. At least, not for now."

I chuckled in disbelief. What are they talking about? I know how ruthless Khun Korn is. I have my suspicions... that he would want to take over Minor family.

He killed Khun Gun. I knew he made it look like he was protecting himself since the minor family was the one who started the war. I suspected the fact Khun Korn was using Porsche's mother, Nampheung, as the trigger for Khun Gun to start the war, but...

Why would he kill his own nephew? He gets what he wants. Khun Gun is killed. He took over the Minor family. He let Vegas go. He also promised that he would take care of Vegas and Macau.