Chapter 18: I Wish You Well

Soon after that, Yuko and Miaka continue do their work for the entire day. The kids is happy playing while waiting for their parents to pick them up.

Yuko clean up the room so she can go back to her apartment, she bid goodbye to all her colleague. Today is a very nice day, she got a message from Narita and the kids are all in a good behaviour.

When she got out from the taxi, she saw someone is near in-front of her apartment building. She could see who it is and she just hope this isn't the person who she thinks it is. But the more she walk towards her apartment building, she confirm who it is.

It is Sei...his been waiting Yuko for an hour, he made excuses to go back home early because he wanted to see Yuko. He couldn't stop thinking about her after what he saw last night.

He wanted to ask Yuko about it. Even though they already divorce, but he felt that he have the right to ask why she goes on a blind date when they just got divorced a few months ago.

He waited her for an hour until he saw her got out from the taxi.

"What are you doing here?"
"I want to see you."
Yuko seems to feel something is going to happen and this isn't want she wants.

"We already divorce Sei, why do you want to see me."
Without beating around the bushes, Sei ask Yuko about last night.
"I saw you last night with someone.."
Yuko is shocked but she didn't make too much reaction about what Sei said while Sei is looking at Yuko intensely, wanting to see her reaction but he didn't find any reaction.

"So? You saw me with someone and then what?"
Sei see that Yuko doesn't want to talk to him but he still asking her.
"Are you in a blind date last night? Why are you with that guy?"
"I don't think i need to explain to you about that right?"
"I have the right to know Yuko."
"Hah...let me remind you again that we are divorced...DIVORCED!! What makes you think that you have the right to know what i do in my life?"

That made Sei silent, yeah he knows that he doesn't have any rights to know what she been doing in her life since they no longer together but he just couldn't help it. He was jealous to see that Yuko smile happily with someone and he felt that he just couldn't accept it that she is already moved on with her life after they divorced.

"Yuko...you know that i still love you. Even though we're divorced but i still care about you."
"Don't say words the you didn't mean to Sei, its enough that you hurt me over and over again. Now i want to be happy and do things that made me happy. So please stop this nonsense."

Yuko felt tired just by talking with Sei, she already in the proses to forget of the things that hurts her the most and live her life peacefully but then he shown up here in front of her apartment building.

Sei still didn't give up, he wants her back. He couldn't let her go if she begins to have feelings towards the other man.

"I meant it Yuko, i really do. Please...just give me one more chance, just one so i can prove to you that i will change and be devoted towards our relationship. I won't be a jerk towards you anymore..i promise."

"No...Sei, don't repeat the same mistake you make. Let me go and start new with someone else. Don't make promises you can't keep, beside promise are meant to be broken."

Yuko could never again believe in promises, she no longer hope for that. Everytime a promise were made by Sei, she kept hoping that they could still be together and Sei would change. But that promise weren't real, it was just a sugar coat to make her never realise that their marriage is no longer what it should be.

She realise that after so long, she could no longer stay the same after what had happen. Sei didn't say anything, he just think about what Yuko told him about promises.

Seeing that Sei didn't made any response, she told him to go back home and live his life the way he wants since he already got the freedom and doesn't have any ties towards marriage anymore.

"I really wish you well Sei." Without waiting for Sei's reply, Yuko enter her apartment building and goes towards her apartment then close the door. She couldn't help but felt a tears in her eyes.

When she married Sei, she was really happy since they both will live their life devoted to each other and have a family together but all of that could no longer come true since they divorced. What can they do is live a new life and meet someone who they truly can change to be a better person for their partner.