Chapter 40: Parabellum

The City of Cretace, Camelot. 

As a symbol of the glory of Britain in the past, this city, which should have been regarded as the ideal capital, has become a place of fear in the hearts of the British people after the death of King Uther. 

For nothing else, just because this city is the base of the rumored lowly king, Voltigeng. 

In the palace paved with pure white stones, an old man dressed in a black coat is holding the side of his face with one hand, closing his eyes and resting. 

After a moment, he slowly opened his eyes, a pair of eyes that should have been emerald blue turned into fiery gold, and some white scales could be faintly seen on his bare neck. 

"King." 

A magician appeared silently below the throne, half-kneeling on the ground, bowing his head respectfully.

 "How is it now?" 

Voltigerm's pupils were slightly prismatic, even if it was just an ordinary glance, the magician below could not help but feel an invisible pressure. 

"Arthur's army is already very close here, and it is estimated that in three or five days at most, they will be able to break through the defenses of the remaining two strongholds and start the final offensive and defensive battle." 

"Well, it doesn't hurt. I have sensed the location of the holy spear, and three or five days is enough time to pull it out. At that time, everything will be settled. "

Voltigern said unconcernedly, neither asking about the casualties of his army nor worrying about the situation next. 

As if the whole of this war was just preparing for this moment of his. 

The magician seemed to agree with Voltigern's statement, perhaps worried, but after hesitating for a while, he still spoke. 

“...... But king, there's one thing I think you still need to know. According to intelligence from the front, Arthur not only has a sword in the stone, but now seems to have the holy sword of the star given by the fairy in the lake. "l

"So what?" 

Voltigern's indifferent face finally showed a hint of humanity, and he laughed. 

"A 'fake', can it still be recognized by the Holy Sword and exert its true power? Even if we take 10,000 steps back, that 'prop' has really won the approval of the Holy Sword, do you think we still have room to retreat now? 

"You've been following me the longest, and you should understand what we're doing all this for." 

The magician was silent for a moment and said slowly. 

"It is for the continuation of the divine generation." 

"That's right. The Divine Age will eventually end, and the illusion will eventually disappear on this land. My brother Uther, and Merlin, who had anticipated this ending, had no intention of changing it. You know why? "

As if asking and answering himself, and as if trapped in memories of the past, Voltigern stared ahead, his deep voice echoing in the palace. 

"It's all about the future. If the gods remain on this land, Britain will be regarded as alien by the planet and even 'rudged'. But if the gods are allowed to die, all the British people, who are already part of this era, will be unable to get enough food because of the gradual shrinkage of the earth, and finally all slowly starve to death.

"It was precisely because I learned this truth that I resolutely chose to accept the power of the 'White Dragon', even if I united with the Saxons, even if I became the object of everyone's hatred... I can't just watch the land that gave birth to me and raised me, just abandoned by the planet and used to nurture the future. 

"What follows the general trend and what creates the future seems to me to be just an excuse for cowardice. If you can't even protect the present, then what about the future no matter how brilliant it is? But my brother didn't understand this truth, and in order to stop me, he even did not hesitate to build a 'prop' to come out. 

"Who is right and who is wrong between us, you say?" 

The magician did not answer this question, and it should be said that he did not know the answer. 

But he also knows that whatever choice comes with a price. 

– No one can do both. 

And there will always be a regrettable result on one side, and if you want to blame, I am afraid that you can only blame Britain at such a fork in fate. 

Voltigern let out a soft breath, as if he had broken free from his memories, his golden eyes became cold again, and it seemed that even his emotions were gradually decreasing. After a moment, he continued. 

"Don't worry anymore, soon this will be over. Whether it's Arthur or Merlin, they're going to fail. 

"Even if I lose this last battle, it will only accelerate our goal. As long as that child is still alive, it's all worth it, even if it's a foreshadowing. "

He think back to the blind boy he met on his territory on that snowy day. 

Now that Futigen, who has almost completely integrated the power of the "white dragon", he understands how superficial he was at that time, and actually thinks that that kind of existence is "the same" as himself. 

As long as he pulls out the holy spear next, so that the laws of the planet are no longer so firmly fixed in the land of Britain, coupled with the existence of that boy, the rules of the gods will slowly envelop the land and free it from the "constraints" of the planet. 

Even if the Holy Spear was plugged back into anchor at that time, Voltigern estimated that all this would not help.

After all, Britain at this moment is still at the end of the god generation, and once there is an introduction to revival, then the rules of the god generation will not hesitate to begin to erode the current law. 

So even if he does fail in the end, it is equivalent to success. 1T4pRb

It's just that the only thing that may still be problematic in this process is that when the coverage between rules is carried out, I am afraid that it will cause considerable damage to the current land. 1T4pRb

And if the new age is really returned, whether the planet will make a "ruling" on it. 

But if the latter is to happen, Voltigern is estimated to be hundreds or thousands of years later. 

And in the meantime, except at the beginning when the rules begin to cover, there will be people who suffer, but after that, at least the people of Britain will not be starved to death and will not be abandoned by fate. 

So right now, there's only one thing he needs to do... 

Voltigern stood up, white dragon scales gradually climbed up his face, and a pair of golden eyes were like lights in the dark, dazzling, looking into the distance. 

- Next, he will draw the holy spear and shatter Britain's arranged fate!