Chapter 62 : When was the last time I saw her happy

"What?! Are you serious? Really found a solution to the food problem?! "

In the service room, Artoria stood up a little excitedly when she heard the news, put her hands on the boy's shoulders, and the ahoge on her head turned excitedly.

Originally, she was just a dead horse as a living horse doctor, holding the mentality of trying it out and wanting Merlin to check it out, but she didn't expect to bring back such good news.

"Hmm. Merlin's magic was so powerful that ripe grain grew in the wheat field at once. It won't be long before the problem of food shortage can be solved. This time, my sister really has to thank Merlin properly. "

With a smile on his face, Rin Aozaki blinked, and his unfocused eyes subconsciously deviated from the direction where the girl's voice came from, as if he was adjusting to something he was not used to.

It's just that Artoria, who was carried away by joy, did not notice the slight change in the boy's expression, she smiled as if relieved, touched the boy's soft black hair that felt very good, and chuckled.

"Even if I don't need you to say it, I know to thank that person well."

The girl turned her head to look at the white-robed magician who had been staying in the room and had been silent since just now, and said seriously.

"It's really thanks to you this time, Merlin. Although you always get into trouble and look out of tune, you are still a veritable court magician... Thank you, Merlin. "

Faced with the girl's sincere thanks, Merlin opened his mouth, as if he wanted to say something, but after glancing at the pleading and uneasy sadness on the boy's face, he pursed his lips and sighed softly in his heart.

It was only after a moment that Merlin looked up again, with a smug smile on his face and said smugly.

"Of course, I have been serving as a court magician since the time of the first king, and this ability is naturally available. But since it is to thank you, the previous sentences can be completely dispensed with.

"And don't be too happy now, Artoria. Although my 'special magic' can solve the food problem, but now this magic trick is not very stable, there are many unstable factors, and it is impossible to promote it on a large scale, after all, this magic trick is only I can do.

"So don't get carried away and forget the situation in front of you."

The lie came to his mouth, and Merlin's expression was no different from usual, making it impossible to guess what he was thinking.

"Of course I know. But at least it's a hope..."

After being lectured by Merlin for a long time, Artoria smiled helplessly, she naturally understood that this matter should not be announced, otherwise, it would definitely make the already food-starved territories begin to scramble for help to Camelot to send Merlin out.

However, she still couldn't help it, and after hesitating for a while, she asked.
  "So say... Merlin, how long will it take for that magic trick of yours to be fully stabilized? "

"It is estimated that it will take a while, you don't have to think about it in the short term, it is better to concentrate on official business."

Tapping Artoria's head lightly with his wand, Merlin had a somewhat serious look for a moment, but then he said lazily.

"In addition, after driving such a long distance in a row, Ian and I were also a little tired, so we went down to rest first. The grain and grass created by magic have all been brought back by us, and they are now in the granary, and Kai should still be counting them. If you want to confirm it, you can check it out. "

Merlin dropped the word, waved his hand, took the boy's arm, and left the service room.

And although Merlin's proposal was attractive, Artoria also knew that since her righteous brother was already confirming it, the rest of the questions did not need to be confirmed by her.

"Good! Then I have to keep working hard! "

Patting her cheek and cheering up, Artoria looked at the boy's distant back, the corners of her lips curled, as if she was full of energy, and continued to devote herself to official business.

Dragged back to the room by Merlin, Rin Aozaki understood that Merlin wanted to talk to him alone again, and he didn't have any struggles and followed the other party's steps.

And when he returned to the room, as soon as the door was closed, Rin Aozaki heard a heavy sigh.

“...... It's still time to stop, Ian. "

Merlin stared at the boy with a complicated expression, to be honest, he did not expect that the boy's blood could actually have such power, so that the devastated earth that should have been subject to the conflict between the gods and modern rules and was revived in an instant.

There is no doubt that the boy's blood acts as a buffer, so that the two rules are not in conflict at that moment but are combined.

In this way, Britain can indeed transition from the end of the god era to the next era more softly, and even unaffected.

Merlin, who had confirmed the condition of the land, understood that that effect was only for a moment, just like the wheat field that seemed to appear out of thin air, and the land became weak again after a wave of harvest.

Unless this force continues to be exerted to make the whole land of Britain like this, it will only be a temporary return of light.

However, the price of doing so is a little breathless, and the current situation is only to transfer the fate of Britain from one girl to another boy.

It's just that for Merlin's suggestion, Rin Aozaki did not answer positively. He turned to face Merlin with a smile and asked.

"Merlin, do you remember the last time my sister laughed so happily?"

Merlin was speechless for a moment, he wanted to answer "It's time to 'marry' you", but at this moment he couldn't say anything.

Because from this sentence, he already knew the boy's answer.

"I know you're worried about me, but rest assured, my body isn't that fragile yet.

"And a long time ago, I promised my sister that I would take responsibility with her. Since from the beginning, my sister had to endure the burden of Britain's eventual demise and chose to move on, now it is just a little bit of my 'weight'. So..."

The boy sat down on the chair, rolled up his sleeves, revealed his fair and smooth forearms, and said seriously with a smile on the corners of his mouth.

"Let's get started. Britain should not perish in agony, or at least it should have a peaceful ending. "