chapter 1

"Lily!"

"Yes mama."

"Come down dinner is ready"

"Coming mama"
Sighing, she closed the book she was reading and went to have her dinner.

There she saw all her family members gathered and waiting for her. She greeted everyone and sat down.

While eating she heard the discussion going on among her siblings while their parents barely paid them any heed because it was usual for them to see their children talking nonsense.

"I can't believe he did that." said her eldest sister, Mila.

" What did he do? " asked her only brother, Alex.

" He proposed me in front of the whole department ughhhh"

"He did what? "

"I know right. He's insane"

"So are you" he muttered, but Ailee heard him as she was sitting right next to him and giggled.

Mila glared at him and said, while pointing the knife in his direction, "What did you say?"

Alex cleared his throat and said "Nothing mimi you must be hallucinating."

"Hmm so as I was saying, he did that because of a dare and oh Lord I have never had a stronger urge to kill someone like can you believe that?"

" Oh he must be the guy from the finance department that dad fired today."

"Yeah that jerk"

They continued talking, more like Mila continued cursing the man who proposed to her earlier today.

Soon almost everyone went to their rooms and there were only Ailee and Emma- her second elder sister left.

Ailee is a slow eater so she was still munching on her dessert when Emma asked her
"So Lily....... Can you help me with something?"
Ailee looked at her and said "What is it?
Are you in trouble?"

Emma laughed and said " No no sis I just need you to cover up for me. I might not come home tonight. "

" Oooohh does it have something to do with a certain someone hmmm? " Ailee wiggled her eyebrows and teased Emma.

Emma turned bright red because her love life was a secret and finally she was going to tell someone in her family.

"Aileeeeeeee I know you already figured this much but still ....." she said and paused.

She looked around and whispered quietly in her ear "I have a boyfriend and it's his birthday tomorrow so I gotta be there to surprise him at midnight. Besides you're the only one who stays at home all the time and no one disturbs you ever...... so all you have to do is tell them I'm sleeping in your room since we had a movie night"

" Umm ok but what's in for me? "

"Chocolates. As many as you like." her whole being lit up hearing the name of her most favorite thing in the whole wide world and she immediately agreed.

"So what's his name?"

"Damien Ferraro"

After discussing a little more they went into their respective rooms.

After her night routine Ailee laid down on her fluffy bed under her favorite pink and purple fuzzy comforter and drifted off to a deep slumber.

___

"Knock knock"
"Lily"
"Lils"
"Ailee"

Ailee finally opened her eyes and lazily sat up. She is definitely not a morning person.

"Yes" she said, groggily sitting up.

"Is Emma with you? she was supposed to leave for work with me today but I couldn't find her."

"uh- Yeah yeah she's here with me and still sleeping. You can go. She asked me to inform you that she'll be clocking in a little late today."

" oh well ok bye take care."
" Bye"

She got ready and called Emma.

" Yessjdhhssjsk" replied a very sleepy Emma.

"Emma Alex was asking for you, hurry up and reach the office ASAP."

" oh shit, yes. Thank you Lily. Love ya bye."

Ailee went downstairs and made herself a healthy breakfast.

She was sitting in the garden and reading the book which she had to pause yesterday. She likes being like this. Sitting in the comfort of her home, reading and doing the things she likes and no one to disturb her. She feels happy that her family understands her so well and respects her for how she is.

She was in her room sketching when she was called for dinner. She only has dinner with her family daily because during lunch they all are at their workplaces and Ailee sleeps in during family breakfast most of the days.

Upon reaching there, her father called for the attention of everyone. "As you all know that our thirtieth marriage anniversary is around the corner, so we will be having a party here in the mansion and I want you all to distribute the responsibilities among yourselves. "

Everyone kept discussing back and forth when sometime later her mother asked Ailee "Lily will you be okay? Are you comfortable with the idea? If not, we can always do it outside. "

Though she was a little uneasy with the things she still replied "It's okay mama. It's just for one night. I think I can survive that much. " Everyone smiled at her and continued eating.
Ailee retreated back to her room and plopped down on her bed. She was thinking about what she'd do during the celebration.

She would spend as much time as she could in the public, which she knew would not be more than an hour and then go to the pool house right across from their mansion, eat chocolates and read happily there. Hmm sounds like a great plan to her.

She sat up and did her work. She doesn't go outside much but still partakes in her family business. She rarely goes to their Company but still helps out as much as she can online.
A reason why she feels comfortable with the hefty amount in her bank account is that she earned it herself. Earlier she used to be a freelancer and earned pretty well but she never got to spend much of it since they already have everything, their father made sure of it.

The last time she actually spent her money was when she bought a car for herself. Her first ever big purchase though she has used it only a few times she's still very content with that.

After completing her work and sending it to the coordinator she succumbed to the long awaited sleep.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷