chapter 27

She skillfully parked the car in his garage. They stopped by the hospital much to his dismay and got him examined. Doctor suspected that it was because of lack of sleep and rest because other than that all his test results were normal. He just sat there glaring at the poor soul who was trembling because of his undivided attention.

"You go get changed and I'll make you something to eat before you take your meds."

"Just order something"
She looked at him strictly and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Fine fine Jeez, never thought this mother hen side existed in you."

"Mmmhmmm off you go"

He went up and she was in the kitchen dialing her mother's number on the way.

"Hello?" came her usual sweet voice.

"Hi mama I wanted to tell you that I won't be coming home tonight. I'm staying at a friend's."

"Oh alright. Is it the same friend as last time?"

" Yes"

"Ok love. Take care"

" Bye mama"

She hung up and started putting the ingredients together. At Least he had enough grocery for two days.

By the time chicken soup was being prepared she added bite sized bananas, strawberries and blueberries in greek yogurt and took them to his room.

"Zai there's a bowl of yogurt on the bedside table please eat after showering."

"Alright thank you baby" he replied from inside.

She happily got back to her work.

While cutting the vegetables her phone started ringing and when she looked at it, she was utterly confused to find an unknown number.

Hesitantly she accepted the call. Receiving unknown calls is the single most uncomfortable thing for her.

"H-hello?"

There was no response. She pulled back the phone and checked if the person hung up or something but it was all okay.

"Is someone there?" She bit her lip hard.

" Yeah" came a breathy reply.

What scared her was the fact that it was a man, well it sounded like a big bad man from the movies.

"W-who is t-this?" she said, already walking towards the room Xavier was in.

"You gave me your number"

"I didn't. Wrong number." She hung up immediately, adding it to her block list.
The first number to make it there.

He sounded like he was restraining himself but from what? And he said she gave him her personal number?

She found herself standing outside the room and decided to turn back and not disturb him.

___

After an hour she assembled everything on the tray and took it upstairs.

She knocked on his bedroom door but got no response so she went ahead to his office and knocked again and he replied 'come in'.

"I would if I could"

He opened the door and took the tray from her hands leading them inside.

They settled on the sofa and started eating.

"Eat the salad too," she said, putting a generous amount of green salad on his plate.

"I'm not a cow. I don't eat grass."