chapter 55

“Sir" Enzo's voice flowed through the speaker indicating the seriousness of the matter.

" We have the location checked and it's confirmed. Everything is set but Mr Luka wants to know if you have the wish to join?" He asked.

"Hmm text it to me and I'll let you know” he hung up and checked the time before sighing and leaning back.

Yesterday, when he found out the B. R. is a woman and what car she came in, he gave Enzo a special task to plant a tracking device in her car as well as the cars guarding hers.
It was a special task because her security team was even rounding up the parking place.

His phone pinged and he opened the text and it was a place on the borders of the neighboring city.

Office hours are almost over and Ailee isn't at home either so maybe he can spare some time.

He texted Enzo that he'll meet them halfway and got back to his work.
He transferred as much as he could to his phone and mainly worked on physical documents.

An hour later he was sitting in the back of his car, catching a nap for a few minutes before he had to get back to completing the last bits of his work and he'd be done for the day.

The night was clear with stars smiling down at the people. The roads were busier because of the weekend tomorrow and also as it was the end of office hours and people were rushing to get back home.

After a bit of traveling, they finally came to a halt where Enzo and Luka were already standing outside waiting for him.

He got out and was immediately struck by the cold winds.

“What's the status?" He asked.

“She is staying in the next building and has been there for a few hours now. Could be because she lives far away or is on to something here” Luka said, looking at him seriously.

“Hmm did anybody investigate when she'll be checking out?”

"We did but her name was not on the register. She must be using an alias.”

Xavier frowned and looked at the building in question.

" I'mma head out to that restaurant right there because I'm hungry.” Luka said.

“ What? I am just running on a plate of lasagna and a burger. Besides, I'll have a clearer view of the entrance without looking suspicious” he said when Xavier gave him a look of disapproval.

He just left him there and walked in the hotel with Enzo right behind him.

They moved to the pool area and his guards stood outside making sure no soul could enter.

“How many people are here?" He asked, referring to the number of people on this mission.

“Total twenty four, Sir. The same teams you deployed the previous time. Six are undercover inside the building, six are stationed on the roadside, two snipers at different angles, four outside this door, four at the restaurant Mr Luka is in and two at the entrance of this building”

"Hmm alright, are there any more on the standby?”

" Yes sir, a team is all set at a short distance from here if things go south" he informed.

"What-”

Suddenly there were gunshots outside, alerting the two males. They both drew out their guns and signaled each other through their eyes.

Walking quickly but quietly, Enzo peeked through the door and nodded at Xavier telling him that the guards were not here and that they were indeed the target.

They swiftly shot their way out and saw all his men dealing with the attackers perfectly. They were some of his best men so it was natural for them to be quick on their feet. So far the bodies they have encountered were of the enemies.

The hotel was in chaos- bumping, tripping, falling people were running to hide themselves in a safe place.

Two men charged at Xavier while Enzo was already busy dealing with people in black shooting bullets.

Xavier had the benefit of his agility, he effortlessly dodged all their punches and attempted stabs not knowing he was a master in this game.

The people attacking didn't care if they were harming the innocent people here or not; they were blindly shooting everywhere.

This angered him even more. They were mad for starting this bloodbath for no big reason.

He caught one's wrist and twisted it with his one hand until a sickening crack sound was heard. Satisfied, he let him drop to the ground before shooting him right between his eyes. This same person just kicked a child of merely four years to reach him faster.

The other one met the same fate because Xavier was not in the mood to play games. He had to get out immediately before his enemy ran off again.

When he got out he saw cars driving at the entrance meaning she was about to come out any moment which made him clench his jaw in anger.

“Romano! Romano!" Luka came, panting to him. His white shirt was bloody but it wasn't his blood.

“What fucking gave away?" He asked him.

“I don't know, probably we came too close and they noticed us somehow," he said with anger boiling in his eyes as he scanned the area around him.

The snipers on the roof were making sure no bullet came near any of their teammates while also making sure they didn't miss their main target.

“Don't let her get-” he was about to say something but his breath hitched when he saw his little darling running to safety with her sisters.

She wasn't aware that the building she was going to was more dangerous than outside.

Luka followed his line of sight and cursed under his breath.
“Romano fucking run, I'll take care of everything here." He pushed him ahead and he wasted no second in sprinting to her. He knew if he goes near her she would become the target but more than that she will be protected by all his men present at the location.

Ailee was panting and crying and so were her sisters. They have never imagined that they would ever face something this dangerous in life.
They were just happily coming back from a spa and nail salon when suddenly it was raining bullets and people were running around like crazy.

She bumped into a man who called her a bitch for coming in his way but Mila was injured even more badly. The side of her head was bleeding by a car crashing into her.

“Ailee" he shouted and she heard him at once. She turned around immediately and found him running towards her. For the first time she saw an emotion so evident on his face. He looked scared.

She felt relief washing over her and started to run towards him as well.

They almost reached each other when his pace turned slower and he eventually came to a halt.

Confused, she ran even faster but he fell on his knees and her heart dropped.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

Y'all I loved this chapter... Idk why but I really do.

I think it's obvious what's going to happen next ....... Right?

Thank you sm for
458k+
&
14.4k+
❤️