chapter 37

As soon as the device came in his hands he checked the cameras, two minutes later he found her behind the gazebo doing God knows what on the ground.

He cursed under his breath and ran out throwing his phone on the bed. She was in for an hour-long lecture.

He walked fast to where she was and spoke in an angry voice
"What were you thinking?" his voice boomed through the heavy sound of the rain.
His heart was beating rapidly with all the negative thoughts invading his mind and this caused his anger to slip out.

She jumped badly from the sudden break of silence but even more so because of how angry and rude he sounded.

With her head hung low, wobbly lips and eyes that were turning red as she was trying hard to keep her tears in, she turned around very slowly.

She was looking like a wet kitten.
For a second his mind went blank, she looked that seductive. Only in his sweatshirt, untied and wet hair sticking to her face and her flushed face, especially her pink luscious lips, called out his desires all at once.

He clenched his jaw and pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes for a moment in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Do you know what time it is? How fucking hard it is raining?" he said in an overly calm voice but she didn't dare meet his eyes that were piercing holes in her head.

"I asked you something," he said.

She flinched and a tiny sob escaped her mouth even though she was desperately trying to keep it in.

She took steps towards him till she was standing right in front of him and then it was like the dam had been broken and the sobs flew out of her body and she pressed her head firmly on his chest, crying hysterically and mumbling endless apologies.

He sighed again and picked her up and took her inside. He sat her down on the bathroom counter that was located on the ground floor and left.

Moments later he came back with a different set of clothes and a towel in his hands. She didn't move but slowly stretched out her hands towards him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked down. When she removed her one hand from the other, there was a little frog sitting on her palm with its leg twisted weirdly.

"I did go-go out to enjoy the- the rain but when I-I was coming back after ten-ten minutes I found this froggy with his family but they-they abandoned him Zai and I-I couldn't leave him like that" she explained while crying and hiccuping badly.

His anger was already gone looking at her helpless face and it was replaced by worry for her well being. She could've gotten seriously hurt or sick.

He stepped between her spreaded legs and hugged her while stroking her head gently.

"Don't do it again. If you do then at least inform me." he said in a low voice.

She nodded rapidly and pulled back.

" What about the froggy?" she asked sniffling.

" I'll take care of it" he said and took it from her hands and left her alone to change into warm clothes.

She chose to be wise this time and wore both sweater and pants even when they completely drowned her after folding three times.

She hesitantly left the bathroom and subtly looked for him.

"Done?" startled, she turned around and nodded.

He gently led her upstairs by her hand and left to change himself.