chapter 57

He walked out and searched for Ailee everywhere but she was nowhere to be seen.

He was looking through every room when he found her in the balcony of the room where she slept for the first time in his house.

He slowly went and hugged her from behind.

"I'm sorry" he sighed as he put his chin on her head.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked, genuinely confused.

"For what you may go through because of this and because of me. From this point on I will not be able to stay with you much and you will see my people following you outside your house at all times, are you going to be okay with all of that?"

"I will be okay Xavier, you don't have to stress yourself for me. I'm a smart girl" she proudly patted her shoulder making him smile.

"Hmm, you sure are my brave girl" he said.

"But Zai, you-"

"I know you are worried about me, Coco. But you don't have to. What you saw today was a moment of weakness for me and I have moved on from that."

"You are allowed to be weak in front of me, Zai. You can cry, you can get angry, you can get sad, I will never judge you for being a human" she turned around in his embrace and smiled.

" I know" he said and looked at her lips before leaning down, capturing them in his.

It was so serene for them to be with their partner under the moonlight, sharing such intimate moments.

Thoughts of her consumed his mind till everything that remained, was her.

He pulled back just an inch and whispered, looking in her eyes.
"Go on a date with me"

Her eyes widened at his absurd demand considering the recent events.

" But I don't think it's the right time for us to be going out on dates," she said with a concerned face.

He shook his head and said,
"No, I planned it sometime ago and I'm not about to ditch it for something like this"

" Zai, it's not just something-"

"Shh" he put his finger on her lips effectively shutting her up.

It does sound ridiculous but he thought about it for a long time in the shower.

He was determined to take her out and express his feelings before it gets too late. If something were to happen to him in these few days, he would regret not telling her how much he loved her.

She nodded, now unable to wipe the silly smile off her face.

She was bouncing on her toes and happiness was radiating off her entire body.

Maybe this way he could also be distracted and get relaxed for some time, she thought.

"I want to have a peaceful day with you before busying myself in this shit"

" That would be great," she nodded.

" You are not mad that I don't ask you on dates often? We have been in a relationship for some months now." he asked quietly.

"Nope, I know you were busy and everyday with you feels like a date anyway" she said.

He sighed. What else could he expect from a benevolent person like her?

She sneezed and sneezed again which made him frown and take her inside.

"You'll catch a cold, Coco." They lay in each other's arms while Ailee drew hearts on his back.