chapter 36

Xavier drove through the streets calmly following his prey. Four SUVs backing him up, consisting of some of his best men.

Xavier was satisfied with Santiago's work. He sent him the files within a few hours but what he didn't like was, he had a date tonight and this task couldn't be postponed either.

He would kill to not be late for his first date ever. His Coco will be dolling up tonight just for him and he loved the idea of it.

The black honda accord came to a halt near a rusty workshop and he walked inside parking his car poorly on the roadside.

Xavier was quick to do the same but didn't forget to instruct his team to surround the building completely, cover all the exits, eliminate all the threats and cameras.

By the time he reached the room the person was in, all that work was done. The mouse has been captured.

He swiftly opened the door and before the other person could form a word a fist harder than a mountain rock hit him in the jaw and he fell down coughing up blood. Another kick hit him in the stomach and he was now lying out cold on the floor.

"Weak bitch" He muttered and moved to the side for his men to come up to them and tie his limbs, restricting his movements for later.

"Someone get him some water" he spoke to no one in general and less than five minutes later, a bucket full of ice cold water was poured on him, making him jolt awake from his slumber.

He panted like a dog and looked like one as well. A nasty, sick dog. Blood dripped from his mouth and his drenched body was covered in dirt, he looked perfect for someone who is about to die a painful death.

"So, Dino is it?" he asked, sitting on a chair that was a little smaller for him.

"You don't even know me and yet beat the shit out of me?" he asked, spitting a mix of blood and saliva on the ground near him.

" Oh I know you and you know me too"
A look of fear passed by his eyes so fast that no one in the room noticed it except for the devil himself who was seated right in front of him with an amused smirk now dancing on his lips.

" Scared are we? " he said, mockingly.

" Never" Dino spat aggressively.

"Who do you work for?" he asked as his eyes darkened to the deepest shades of gray.

"Your mom," he said and laughed loudly.

Bad time for a joke.

With a nod from Xavier, Enzo thrusted the knife in his thigh and he screamed cursing whatever came to his mouth.

"Any change of mind perhaps?" he asked again.

But Dino remained ignorant to the lingering threats in his tone.

Enzo stepped forward once again and pummeled his face till he started to look like a chunk of rotten meat. Most of the damage done to his eyes because gouging them out is an option for later.

He then pulled the nail of his right hand thumb just like Luka did before but only this time it was a lot more painful because it wasn't quick. It was slow and excruciating just what Xavier preferred for interrogation.

"I'll- I'll gi-ve y- name" he said, restlessly thrashing around. His voice gave enough proof of his misery.

"Continue" Xavier said and he told him the name.

Xavier immediately texted it to Luka who will take care of it from now.

"Very unpleasant doing business with you" Xavier said and left the building.