chapter 9

"A beach?" she said looking around.

"Mhmm" he replied, watching the waves crash against the sandy surface.

"It is so peaceful here." she closed her eyes and took deep breaths, liking the feel of cool breeze against her skin.

"I know. That is why I come here often. At night."

" So this is like your comfort place?" she asked, turning to him.

" You can say that," he nodded.

" Come on let's take a walk" he held her hand and started walking.

She blinked rapidly looking back and forth between their intertwined hands and his back.

His hands are so warm and large, she thought.

"You are tiny" he stated exactly what she was thinking.

" I'm not tiny, I'm concentrated." she said pouting and folding her hands across her chest.

And then she saw a hint of a smile on his face. She felt like jumping.
He never smiles. No one saw him smiling before as per the information given by her sister.

They sat down facing the ocean and talked about general things while enjoying the peacefulness of the place.

___

"Are you hungry?" he asked after some time.

"A little but where can we eat at this ungodly hour?"

" Come on" he said and then started walking.

She jogged to match his pace and they left the place.

Not too far from there was a small cozy diner which was surprisingly open.

Xavier ordered for the both of them since she didn't know anything about their menu.

"So you come here often too?"

"Hmm the owner is like a father figure to me"

" Oh " she smiled warmly.

" Here you go my boy" an elderly man came and put their food on the table.

" George this is Ailee and Ailee this is George" Xavier introduced them to each other.

Ailee stood up and shook his hand while smiling.

" Nice to meet you Mr George. " she said shyly, still not used to talking to strangers.

" The pleasure is all mine young lady." he said looking at them both approvingly.

"Enjoy your food. I am in the kitchen if you need anything." he left after tapping on Xavier's shoulder.

"Mmmm the food is really good here" she said while taking a bite of her chicken Alfredo pasta and fries.

"Andrea is a great cook." He said, nodding.

They ordered chocolate ice creams for dessert because Ailee was craving some, like the other 24 hours of the day.