chapter 5

His eyes.

His stormy gray eyes. He has removed his ray bans and was now looking right at her.

She quickly looked ahead. It suddenly dawned on her that it was him with whom her book was exchanged.

Can her day get any more awkward ?

She should've gone back.

___

Xavier was on his way to his house when he thought of stopping by the bookstore.
He thought of returning the book while looking for some more. He has done this many times, coming here with a coffee and just looking around trying to feel like a normal person instead of someone who everyone is afraid of.

But who knew he would run into the girl he has been hearing the name of but not getting to see her. Yes, he realized a week ago that it was the same youngest Laurent he couldn't meet on the day of the party.

He moved forward and stood next to her. Then she glanced at him and that's when he saw the glimpse of her beautiful face.

Multiple times he overheard his employees talking about the children of Mr Laurent ever since they started working together but never had he heard about the youngest one but now that he has finally seen her he can say that she is the most attractive of them all.

But he was still wary of her. He knows better than anyone else that looks are deceiving.

His chain of thoughts were interrupted by a timid voice that he could barely make out what she was saying.

"Yes that would be all. Thank you."

After picking up her book, she quickly turned around and bumped into his guard in her haste but before she could hit the ground she was embraced from behind in large hands.

She was terrified and a little embarrassed too. She slowly peeked at her savior just to come face to face with Mr Eiffel tower.

He straightened them both up.

"Thank you" she said quietly looking down at the floor, suddenly finding it very interesting.

He just nodded in return and looked away.

"There you go Mr Romano. Sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. Have a nice day." said the manager while smiling extra sweetly at Xavier.

Her ears perked up hearing that name. Could he be the same Mr Romano her siblings were talking about? He matches the description though. Handsome, dangerous, cold and distant from everyone.

She didn't stay longer to justify her theory and went home immediately.

Xavier too went his way right after.

___

Later that night Ailee sat in the balcony of her room looking at the moon eating chocolates, courtesy of Emma and recalling everything that had happened in the past week, from attending a party to falling in the arms of a stranger, it was one heck of a roller coaster ride for her.

It would all have been normal had she stayed at home that day instead of going to that stupid store by herself.

She is already very shy around everyone and his intimidating aura was like cherry on top.