chapter 15

Ailee was once again going to the office today.

Last week when she spent the day there, she realized it was not that bad. All she had to do was to complete the assigned work in her peaceful cabin. She was glad her father chose the quietest corner of the top floor. She doesn't have to worry about getting disturbed or having to deal with the chatter of other employees.

Xavier would be coming to meet her as well.
When she told him about her day at work and that she is considering attending the office at least once a week to build her confidence, he was very supportive of her and said he'll come to wish her good luck.

He also said there were some problems due to which he would not be able to visit her much or talk for sometime. She was confused but didn't pry, he will tell her himself whenever he will deem appropriate.

She donned a white dress with white stilettos, all ready to hit the office.

"Morning ma'am."

"Good morning Ms Laurent"

"Good day to you"
came the wishes from the employees on the first floor.

She replied smiling as best as she could in her nervous state and almost sprinted to her cabin.

She breathed in relief upon reaching the comfort of her office room and sat down texting Xavier about her arrival so that he could come whenever possible now that she is here.

___

Xavier was in one of the restaurants he owns for brunch but it somehow turned into an inspection when he noticed how incompetent his workers were.

"S-Sir give us one more chance, we will not disappoint you." the manager pleaded while Xavier sat scrolling through his phone, uncaring of what was happening around.

He already fired half of the staff and recruitment has been started.
It's useless to ask for forgiveness now.

After going through the emails sent by his HR he left to meet up with his little friend.

On his way he noticed some cars following him, he knew it must be the doing of Igor and sat back.

He gotta do something about him and quickly.

He was in the parking lot getting out of the car with more guards around him than usual, most of them in disguise to not make their presence obvious.

He was led up to the chairman's office for the excuse of a meeting he arranged as a facade.

"Mr Romano" said Mr Laurent standing up to greet him.

"Nice to meet you Mr Romano" said Emma, shaking hands with Xavier.

"Mr Laurent, Ms Emma" replied Xavier and nodded in acknowledgement towards all the other directors present in the room.

"Alex is on the site so let's proceed with the meeting right away" he said and sat down reading the analytical data related to the topic of today's conference.

They discussed the current depreciation of the currency and how it may affect their budget for the construction of the DV Manors.