chapter 40

Xavier scrunched another paper and threw it in the bin.

He sighed, rubbing his temple and closed his eyes while leaning back on his chair.

The doors to his office burst open. It can't be Luka because he always announces his presence.
He could hear his secretary trying to stop someone when the person in question entered.

"Surprise brother" Igor said, storming inside with a smug look.

"What is the meaning of this?" Xavier asked, throwing the pencils in the holder and getting up to greet his unwanted guest.

"I would say revenge but surprisingly, I came to talk to you about something" he said making himself comfortable on the sofa.

" I'm listening...... for now" Xavier said, joining him.

"I heard you killed Dino?"

"You heard right but if you know him then that also means I'm on the right track."

" Don't get happy too early Xavier"

" Mhmm and didn't you say that only two months later the land will be taken from me. I don't see that either I wonder why"

" It's under process. Why, you anxious about it?"

" Not at all" They looked at each other with equal rage.

"Surprise Zai" Ailee skipped her way inside with a purple box in her hands but she stopped dead, realizing the presence of an unknown person who was equally shocked to find a girl here.

"I'm sorry I'd wait outside" She shyly said and ran outside without waiting for his response.

Xavier stayed calm to not alert his cunning brother.

"Well too many surprises for a warm person like you. Who was she to have the audacity to barge in like that?"

" No one you should be concerned about," Xavier said, tapping his shoe impatiently.

" Oh but I am"

"Oh but you shouldn't be"

Igor's phone rang and he talked on it for a minute before turning towards Xavier with a smile.

"Unfortunately I have to go and we won't be able to talk about it today but I will visit again"he stood up.

" Yeah next time I'll make sure you won't make past the lobby"

" How sweet" he said and left the room.

When he was passing by the waiting area, his eyes caught the sight of her little figure playing with her phone and he approached her with his heart brimming with curiosity.
"I'm Igor, his brother, Miss........ He won't tell me anything about you so I thought I'd ask you myself"

She stood there dumbfounded and could feel a familiar feeling of panic settling in.

"God what did you do to the poor girl Romano?"

"Fucking leave." he said and grabbed her hand taking her inside and shutting the door.

"Hmm that was interesting," he said, tapping his chin with a smirk.

___

"Shh it's alright" he said, enveloping her in a comforting hug. He guessed she must be overthinking about this incident because she knew he was on bad terms with his brother.

She looked up at him from his embrace and sighed.
"He smiled when he said he was your brother but I saw how he hurt you. Your bruises Zai, I remember them"

"Hey little baby that day I let him have his way. He can't do that again"

"Don't get yourself hurt ever again by anyone" she said and nuzzled her face in his chest.