chapter 61

The gun was aimed and fired at Luka but Xavier quickly shielded him and took the hit.

Now it was a bloodbath in the previously white driveway.

Luka and Xavier were both on the ground groaning.

Luka reached out for Xavier to check on him but he was already standing and shooting the enemies mercilessly.

He took the hit because among the two of them only he was wearing the bulletproof vest. He hated wearing it but Luka made a gazillion absurd promises and made him wear his vest because he was more likely the main target of the night but didn't have the time to wear one himself later.

If anything were to happen to Luka after all this then Xavier wouldn't have been able to forgive himself.

Brianna was already in the car and she started laughing like crazy.

"You won't catch me. I won't let you" something in her smile was so sinister, it sent shivers down their spines.

"You and your little birdie back at home will pay for it, Xavier. You've troubled us enough" she said and waved the gun in front of her forehead.

Xavier froze in his spot. He had the gun in his hand, he used it seconds ago but his fingers refused to pull the trigger at his mother.

His hands shook before a piercing pain shot through his arm and then entire body.

His gun fell to the ground with a thud and he realized he was shot by someone too.

The cars were driving away and Xavier clicked back into his senses and picked up the weapon from his other hand and started shooting the remaining guys on his property as well the ones sticking out from the car.

He shot the tires, making the cars come to a screeching halt and crashing into each other.

But Brianna's car kept driving until it crashed into the gate.

Everything stilled for a moment and Xavier and Luka ran to check it and found her shot in the middle of the eyes.

Too shocked, they turned around to find the person responsible and were met by a red eyed Igor standing there in the midst of the bodies.

He panted, looking rabid and slowly advanced towards them in a daze.

"I killed her, fucking bitch" he whispered.

"I finally avenged my mama"

"I told you I'd kill her" he looked Xavier in the eyes.

He clicked a picture of her dead face and laughed.

"Wow, I'm taking this to my mother tomorrow" he said and walked away.

Xavier was overwhelmed.

He cupped her face with his shaky wounded hand and a tear rolled down his eye. His touch left a bloody trail on her clear skin.

Luka gritted his teeth looking at them and turned away to give instructions to the men.

Killing her wasn't a part of the plan. It was in fact something he was sure wouldn't happen.

This was one of the reasons why Igor wasn't a part of the active operation of this mission to prevent him from acting recklessly.

How and when did he get here?

He would've captured her but never killed her.

Now, there she was lying dead in the car with just one bullet after working hard for everything for so many years and coming this close to achieving it all.