chapter 2

He was sitting down and listening to the suggestions made by his employees.

The meeting was not that important but his presence had a chill running down the spine of every individual in that room.

"So I think it would be better if we wait for the price to go down. Not that we lack funds but it will help push back the predatory media and other big companies who want to get a sniff of what we are planning. " said the head of the resource department.

He was a wise man and Xavier would consider his opinion.

"What do you think, Mr Romano?"

After thinking for a few minutes he answered "We'll go with the latter. We are not in need of that land right now."

"Yes sir. "

Coming out of the conference hall his assistant asked him " Sir when would you like to meet Mr Laurent? "

"Tomorrow at 11"

"Yes sir I'll let him know"

Xavier left for the day since he came directly to the office from another city this morning.

He reached his mansion and was greeted by his forty five years old cook.

It was quiet and peaceful just like it has always been and just like he prefers.

He went to his room and freshened up. He had his dinner alone and retreated back to his room and carried a book to his balcony.

A history book that was.

Few pages in and he got a call "Yo boss, where you at?" It was his best friend, Luka.

" At home. "

"So we have this guy you asked for. Would you do the honor then?"

"Mhmm I'll be there." Soon after he left.

Guards directed him towards the special guest of the evening who was tied to a metallic chair in a dingy cell.

"I see you've already started Luka."

"Couldn't wait."

" You got anything?"

"Nah but he doesn't look like a tough nut. He screams like a bitch."

" Hmm"

He went towards the various tools lined up for torturing purposes and chose a knife.
He took slow and steady steps towards his prey running his finger on the sharp blade of the knife.

He smoothly sliced open his right cheek and he screamed and thrashed. Xavier looked into his eyes and said

"We can do this the hard way or the easy way. The choice is really up to you because even though I'd rather be relaxing at home than here, I am fine with either of them. "

" So decide"

" I-uh-I don- don't know what-t you're ta-talking about. "

He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He hate liars more than anything.

"Wrong choice. "

After that the whole area was echoing with his throat splitting screams and no one could do shit about that.

Romano didn't give him a second chance.

___

Next day on his way to work he got a call "Sir?"

"Yes"

"We found Simon snooping around your office again and this time it's confirmed he had a motive"