chapter 49

"Ahh I'm so tired, sugar" She said and plopped down on the bed, cuddling with Doodles.

"Hmm you worked hard today, darling" He replied while scrolling through his laptop.

She pouted and turned the other way.

"Doodles I'm so bored and since I have no one to play with, will you join me?" She said it deliberately loud to make him aware of her mild anger.

He barked in response and Ailee smiled.

"Good boy, mama's so proud of you baby" she said, giving him belly rubs.

" Come on Doodlee poodlee boo, we'll have ice cream, '' she said and left him alone in the room.

She strolled around the house admiring the clear night outside the windows with a tub of ice cream in her hand. Doodles was also busy eating his ice cream in the kitchen.

She stopped near the glass door to the garden and reflected on the past year. How much development she has shown in her overall personality like how she is able to take care of her emotions in a better way and how she is slowly overcoming her social anxiety.

Ofcourse Xavier plays a crucial role in all of this and she is utterly happy and blessed to have him by his side.
She remembered dreaming about her prince charming from the books but never really thought she would find someone even remotely close to that because those are just fictional characters.

Xavier has unknowingly recreated a lot of those toe-curling scenes with her that when she even thinks about makes her blush and hide her face in shyness.

And surprisingly, both of them are doing incredibly well as their first time in a relationship.

She jumped when the doorbell rang loudly in the silent house and instinctively looked at the stairs waiting for him to appear and a minute later Xavier was coming down while putting on his sweatshirt and locked eyes with Ailee.

"Zai-"

"Go up Coco. I have some people coming in" he kissed her on the lips and pulled away.

She looked worriedly at him when she sensed he was not in a good mood and nodded.

"Take care" she mumbled and held his shoulders to kiss his jaw. He patted her bum and moved to the door.

She quickly ran up and waited by the door to peek at their sudden guests. She saw an unfamiliar group of men and seeing so many males together she decided to just go and hide in the room but the realisation of having forgotten her ice cream and Doodles downstairs hit her hard.

She slapped her forehead and slumped down on the sofa and played unicorn academy on his laptop while snuggling in the blankets.

She was relieved there were no loud noises coming from the living room, meaning they were not fighting.

___

Xavier sat down on the couch and five people followed. The five leaders of different teams he created long ago. Some of his most trusted men.

"Is it confirmed?" Xavier asked.

"Yes sir, and we also ran a check on what Mr Igor said and it came out to be positive." Enzo replied.

" Fuck" he muttered.

" As soon as I received the news, I double checked it, sir. They are meeting on Monday. There are two locations set and are fully equipped for the same. We will send teams to both of the places beforehand and pull out as soon as the original one is revealed. We'll leave no blindspot. The B. R. will have to come to light." Enzo gave the details.