chapter 50

Ailee giggled quietly after successfully tying two pigtails of his hair. He hasn't gotten a haircut for a long time and now they were long enough for her to try a few hairstyles.

She snapped a few pictures of her mischief and propped her chin on her palm to look at his adorable sleepy face, especially the cute little pout. With a sigh she rubbed their noses together and gave him a shy peck on the lips.

After he opened up to her yesterday, she felt so much closer to him now. Like she finally knows who the man infront of her is and where he came from. Though there are still a few questions here and there in her mind but that doesn't matter.

It makes her think that they both are polar opposites. She always had everything easy while he had been through hell and back for everything, she was always pampered by her family while he had no one to check on him even if he had a fever, he stays busy all day and everyday while her day begins at eleven o'clock and stays at home all day doing what she loves, he has to worry about getting stabbed or shot while she has to worry about getting her chocolate stolen by her siblings, she hasn't known a life without love while he doesn't know what a warm hug feels like.

The last thought brought a sad smile on her face and instinctively she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and let his face rest in the crook of her neck.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that but I promise to love you so much that you'll forget what a life without love is like." She whispered and a tear rolled down her cheek to his forehead. She wants to cry so bad but she won't do it in front of him.

He wasn't sleeping though. He was just too tired to open his eyes and was enjoying her little tricks when she suddenly spoke her heart out and he felt a pull in his heart. He wanted to respond to her confession but he knew she wanted to convey it silently so he tightened his hold on her instead.

It was like a burden had been lifted from his shoulders now that she knows the darker side of his life and he was happy and proud of her for taking it so well and for standing by his side strongly.

She tried to pull back hesitantly but he refused to let go. So she sighed and kissed his forehead.

No response

She kissed his left cheek.

No response

She kissed his left cheek with a little pressure but still no response from him.

With furrowed eyebrows she peppered kisses all over his face like a woodpecker and his facade broke down in an instant.
He immediately chuckled and pulled her on top of him.

"Hmm someone's an early bird today" he said, reciprocating her kisses.

"Yes, only because you weren't and Doodles wanted food. I had to wake up so early for that" she said the last part with a pout.

"You could've woke me up," he replied softly. He loves it when he wakes up next to her sleeping figure and leaves her there for extra time while he prepares something for breakfast for them.

"But I wanted you to rest"

"I've had enough rest"

"Yeah yeah you keep saying that mister" she rolled down and stumbled back to her feet.

"Today I'll be your chef, good sir" she bowed down and her hair band fell off on his stomach.

He smiled in amusement and nodded.

"I'll be looking forward to it, sweetheart"

The raspiness in his voice with that endearment made her blush and he smiled in return.