chapter 58

Ailee woke up around noon and lazily sat up on her bed.

He was not there and then she remembered him telling her he'd be back when she was sleeping in the morning.

Sighing, she waddled to the bathroom to freshen up and changed into his clothes.

She went down to make herself some breakfast when she saw a big paper bag sitting on the couch of the living room.
Doodle was nowhere to be found either.
He must be out with one of the guards.

Xavier told her that he got rid of the helpers around the house for security purposes and Doodle will be taken care of by someone from his team.

She went near the bag and picked up the note on it.

Do justice to this dress, my love.

~Zai

She squealed and jumped at her position and quickly rummaged through the bag.
Taking it out, she saw a beautiful black dress that reached to the ground with full sleeves and a square neckline. The material was so soft that it kept slipping out of her hands.

But the dress was not the only thing, there were two more bags beside it. One of them had a delicate double platinum chain necklace with matching earrings while the other one had a pair of black lace up sandals because she doesn't like to wear heels.

The whole outfit was so pretty yet so comfortable.

She loves how considerate he is all the time.

But somewhere she feels guilty for being so happy. She knows that he is hiding his pain and it's probably a ridiculous idea to go on a date at a time like this but she couldn't help it when he insisted so much.

She texted him to ask about the time as he forgot to tell her that and received his reply a few minutes later.

He said he'll pick her up at six, meaning she still has five hours to get ready.

She was eating her chia seeds pudding while scrolling through her phone when she realized she doesn't have her makeup and hair products here.

She quickly texted him again that she will be going to her house to get ready and that he can pick her up from there.

Ailee didn't bother wearing her own clothes and hurriedly grabbed the bags before settling down in the car.

She made small conversations with his driver and the guard sitting in the passenger seat and they were extremely polite all the time.

True to his words, one more car was following them with Xavier's guards sitting inside with a serious expression and their eyes were in all directions.

She felt chills running down her spine from all the seriousness in the air.

When she finally reached her house, the guard who accompanied her in the car took her bags inside even after many protests from her and this certainly earned the attention of her mother who was enjoying her coffee in the living room while reading a book.

She put everything down and came to the door to check what the commotion was about.

“Lily, what is happening here?" She asked, confused.

" Nothing, mama,” she smiled and followed her inside.

The guard put the bags on her couch on her instructions and walked out of her house.

But the ones who came in a different car remained outside at different locations as per the order from their boss.

“You want to tell me about this?" Juliana asked Ailee.