chapter 41

The past five days were a blur. Everyone was busy making arrangements and Ailee's parents couldn't believe their daughter was going to be engaged.

Her whole family would stay up late at night to talk about how unreal it was, how all of them will find their loves one day and move away and how empty this house will be without them. And everytime they brought this topic up the girls would groan and change the subject as they weren't leaving anytime soon.

"Thank you" Thanking the stylists politely, Ailee exited the makeup room to go and change into her dress.

They booked the best resort in the city for the ceremony and the view here was breathtaking. There was an ocean right in front of it and right now it was evening.

The sky was turning purplish and the sun had touched the horizon, spreading its last rays.

She took her time wearing the beautiful formal maroon dress. It had a satin corset top and its neckline was bordered with pearls and the bottom of the dress had dark shimmery butterflies. She paired it with strappy sandals to give her extra height and also had on a delicate red gemstone necklace with her favorite bracelet which she never takes off.

Not much but stunning.

She maneuvered her way down and stayed by Iris' side as she had the least number of visitors compared to her other siblings.

"Eee Em's tater tot is here, let's go and call her down" She took Ailee by her hand and went up to her room.

" I-can't... .. breathe" Emma huffed when the stylists zipped up the dress from behind.

"Doesn't matter when you look great" Gigi commented from the bed.

"God I really shouldn't have done stress eating. What am I gonna do?"

"Figure it out later" Iris said in exasperation.

" Iris, don't stress me up," she said angrily.

" Jeez alright. Take your time and come down when you're done even if it takes you two days. Come on Lils" she seethed and walked out.

Ailee was in a dilemma but she followed her nevertheless.

"I don't want to fight her today but she is being stupid"

"I was so excited for Damien's reaction after seeing her but she-"

She kept talking to herself all the way down and picked up a glass of sparkling rosé wine when a waiter passed by with a tray full of those.

"What are my beautiful girls doing here?" Their father came and stood by them in the corner of the room.

"Papa Emma is taking too much time, the guest will start leaving before the rings could be exchanged"

" It's not that late and it's okay even if they do. Let her take her time, hmm?" He said in a soft tone and Iris nodded, not angry anymore. Not that there was anything to be angry about to begin with.

"Dad there are people looking for you, what are you doing with these noisy kids?" Alex said while sipping on his champagne.

"Who is looking for me?" He asked, ignoring the latter part of the question.

"Some...... Perez? Derez? I don't know" he shrugged.

"Alex, you should pay more attention to these things." He frowned.

" Urgh dad I don't socialize well with oldy goldy people"

" I'll go and check," he said and left.

" Lily, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked, looking a tad bit nervous.