chapter 43

As soon as the parents and Alex walked out, all the girls crushed Ailee in a hug making sure they don't touch the injured area.

For a few moments no one said anything and just basked in their moment of togetherness.

"I'm sorry" Iris said with a sigh and the others quickly followed stating how it could've been avoided if they did that or if they'd been together instead of leaving her alone.

Her eyes got teary when the moments from before played in front of her for the tenth time since she gained consciousness.

"It's not your fault" she said in a broken voice and buried her face in the crook of her eldest sister.

"None of us knew it would happen" she whispered and winced while holding her head when it throbbed with a stinging pain.

All of them got alert and quickly thought of distracting her to not stress her as the doctor suggested.

"And- and Mr Romano!" Mila said, successfully gaining her attention.

"Yes. Sheesh girl, who knew you'd bag a man like that?" Gigi said, nudging her shoulder and wiggling her eyebrows.

Ailee gave them a weak smile and said,
"I'm sorry I should've introduced him sooner. He wanted me to but I couldn't"

"Hey babe it's okay, okay?" Gigi stroked her hair.

"But damn girl nine fucking months" Iris grinned teasingly.

"I bet you must be having some real hot shot stuff to spill to us, right? As your elder sister I feel like giving you some advice here and there" she added.

Ailee giggled lightly and shook her head.

"Oh come on, here I thought he's wasting that body of his but Oh Lord, I could've never guessed my baby sister had him in her clutches"

" That's too much Mimi" she knew what they were trying to do here and it was working because now her mind was drifting to her boyfriend whom she hasn't seen since she woke up and where he could be.

" I can't imagine either of you confessing, this is so frustrating. Like the man who doesn't speak more than one sentence and that too to only a handful of people not to mention the forever scowl on his resting face, no offense, and my sister who's the biggest introvert who also keeps human interactions to a minimum. Gigi, Mila, does that make sense to you?" She ranted in one breath and looked at the other two in question.

" He did, actually. And he's really very sweet and nice. Don't put him like that" she said with a soft smile.

"Yeah bless your eyes that you got to see him like that" she said and sighed.

Emma didn't say anything and kept resting her head on Ailee's lap. There was guilt gnawing her insides for something she didn't even do but she couldn't help. She felt like balling her eyes out. On one hand there's her sister, the purest soul she knows and on the other, there's her fiancé, the man she loves unconditionally. Her soul was tearing apart in turmoil. But one thing she was certain about is that she would never leave her sister's side even if that meant sacrificing her love life.

"Em?" She called stroking her head lovingly. She didn't realize but she was sobbing loudly on Ailee's lap and now all the sisters were looking down at her worriedly.

Emma suddenly sat up straight with a jolt and looked around frantically while crying loudly. When her eyes focused on Ailee she threw herself in her already open arms and sobbed, mumbling incoherent sentences.

Ailee could only make out a few words but she got the gist of what she intended to say and her heart broke into a million pieces.

She was blaming herself for this?