chapter 26

Ailee and Gigi came up on the terrace to enjoy the gloomy and cold weather when she decided to experiment a braid style on her.

"There you go," Gigi said, patting Ailee's shoulder twice.

"Oh My Gosh this is so cute Gi, thank you." Ailee beamed and turned the mirror in odd angles to look at the pretty braids properly.

"You're welcome. Now I shall take my leave."

" Yes bye. Love ya."

She clicked lots of photos of her new look and sent them to her big baby who demands her pictures everyday.

Now that her sister left for work and Ailee was all alone, she decided to check up on her boyfriend whom she hasn't seen in two weeks because Luka was away resulting in Xavier getting a bit busier than usual.

He didn't pick up the first time she tried.

So she called again and this time just when she was about to hang up, she was greeted by his tired and hoarse voice.

"Zai hey! Did I disturb you?" she asked nervously.

"No Coco, I will never be disturbed by you."

"Ok. Are you alright?"

"Mhmm perfectly healthy."

"Your voice is contrasting your statement sugar." she bit her lip in worry.

"It must be a network issue."

Suddenly the line went silent. Xavier looked down at the device in his hand confusingly but it started ringing again and this time it was a video call. He swiped the button and accepted the call straight away.

She didn't speak for ten seconds just observing his face and he did the same.

"You lied. Your face is flushed, your eyes are watery and you look like you haven't slept in days." she said worriedly.

"Well the last part is true," he said slowly.

"Well every part of it was true. Please don't tell me you're in the office in this condition."

Silence.

"Say something," she pleaded.

"You asked me to not tell you that I'm in office." he shrugged.

"Xavier!"

"Coco."

"Ughh is this how you're like when you're sick?"

"I'm not sick."

"My bad; let me rephrase it. Is this how you behave when you're extra healthy?"

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I'm coming to pick you up."

" You are not."

" Yes I am"

"I ate Tylenol"

"Why? That's for sick people"

" God! The sass makes you sexier" he said, licking his lips.

She blushed so hard, only now realizing how savage her replies truly were.

"I-umm I'll see you in a bit. Bye. Take care."

She hung up right after not even waiting for his response.

He smiled a little and got back to his work.

___

"Sir is in his office ma'am. I'll ask someone to take you there." said the receptionist as soon as Ailee approached her.