chapter 46

Ailee woke up alone in her bedroom and frowned when she found him absent. She quickly took out her phone from charging and checked the time. Her eyes widened in disbelief. She had been sleeping all day! God what was even in the medicine to make her THAT sleepy?

'It was seven at night and Xavier hasn't come yet?' She thought.

Shrugging, she quickly went to get freshen up and also changed into her pyjamas. She picked up her serum to start doing her skin care when her eyes fell on the gauze on her neck. A lump automatically formed in her throat and flashes of Alvaro's angry face popped in her mind like how he was behind her, dragging her away from the similar drawers just less than a day ago and it caused her hands to tremble and put down the bottle slowly.

She took deep breaths and came outside the bathroom not feeling the need to care for her skin anymore and decided to go and look for some company instead of drowning herself in negative thoughts.

She found her mother in the kitchen and approached her with a smile.

"Mama" she called out softly and sat down on the barstool.

"Hi honey, feeling better?" She asked and poured her a glass of water.

"Mhmm why didn't you wake me up?" She asked and took little sips from her drink.

"Because rest is good for you" she smiled and patted her head.

"Hmm I do feel a lot better" she said, looking around for others but found none.

"Where is everyone?"

"Your papa and Gigi are out for work and Emma, Mila and Iris are upstairs, maybe terrace but Alex is out since morning" She replied with a frown.

"Oh he didn't tell you where he's going?"

"No, that boy makes me so worried" she pinched the area between her eyebrows and sat down next to Ailee.

"I tried to make your favorite biryani, it will be done soon and then we'll have it together."

"Yeee, you did? Thank you mama I was really craving some" she squealed and hugged her.

"Don't worry and ask Romano to join us for dinner if he isn't too busy" she laughed, wrapping her arms around her petite form.

She nodded and stood up.

"I'll call him and I'll be there with Em if you need me" she said and ran upstairs.

She quickly dialed his number upon reaching her room and waited for him to pick up.

"Coco"

"Hi Zai, you done yet?"

"Hmm"

"When will you come here? I'm missing you" she whispered the last part, biting her lip.

" I'll be there soon"

"Alright. Would you like some dinner with us? Mama made biryani and I know you will love it because I do too and mama makes everything delicious and though it is her first time trying an Indian dish I know it will be finger licking good" she rambled like always and Xavier suppressed a smile. He couldn't wait to crush her in his arms.

"Yes baby, I'd love to join you for dinner" he said and she blushed. Oh she could never get used to the sweet terms of endearments he gives her.

Ailee could hear vehicles in the background so probably he was driving.

"Okay I'll be waiting. Take care" she said, not wanting to disturb him and hung up when he replied with a little 'you too'.

She smiled, placing her phone in her pocket and left to find her sisters.