chapter 6

A week passed by but Ailee didn't get any word from Romano. Maybe he was busy? Or maybe he forgot? She doesn't know why she was even thinking about it or him.

A ding from the oven brought her back to the real world. Her cookies are ready. She beamed brightly at the sight of the warm goodness.
She decided to fill up a jar for herself and leave the rest for her family.

Alex and Iris especially loved the chocolate chip cookies made by her.

She took the jar and went up to her room. She changed into her PJs since it was already evening and then plopped down on her bed.

She was scrolling through her phone while munching on the cookies she made when she got a call from an unknown number.

She hates it. Though it happens very rarely she still hates it. The best she can do is receive the call and ask who they are, if they are someone she knows then she proceeds to the next question but if they are not, she immediately hangs up while muttering a quick 'wrong number'.

It stopped ringing and Ailee sighed in relief. But it was short lived because the ringing started once again.

She very slowly picked up the device and put it on her ear
"Hello" she said in the best voice she could gather at that moment.

"Did I bother you?" Yes mister you did, she thought.

"who-who's this?" She felt so intimidated by the strong voice from the other end that her words wavered.

" Xavier '' came the reply. Huh? She doesn't know any Xavier. She hasn't known many boys in fact.

" sorry wrong-" she was about to hang up but what she heard next made her breath hitch.

" Romano DeVinci, Ailee" Him? he actually called?

" Oh" what should she say?

" You? " she ended up asking stupidly.

" Yes, me. " amusement could be heard in his voice.

" How are you? " Xavier felt warmth filling him hearing the sincerity in her voice.

"Much better now that I am talking to you." She blushed after hearing his response.
While Xavier couldn't believe he was talking some real sweet shit. When did he become like this?

"That's good. I guess?" Her response turned into a question at the end.

"That's definitely good." he replied, nodding to himself.

"Are you eating your dinner right now? " he asked, hearing her munching on something.

" Uh no I was just tasting the chocolate chip cookies I just baked. " She replied, looking down at her jar of cookies.

" You love chocolates." he stated.

She nodded her head rapidly but soon realized he couldn't see her so she replied "Yes! Yes! Chocolates are my absolute favorite."

He found her enthusiasm for chocolates very amusing. "Really? I couldn't tell" he replied sarcastically and Ailee once again blushed.