chapter 33

Xavier's eyes immediately started searching for the reason he was here, his Coco.

He walked down to the side and people started flocking around him but never coming too close.
Many came and tried to talk business with him but his lack of response made them go away.

After a few minutes he finally met up with Calvin Laurent and sighed in relief. His guards already placed the gifts on the table and Luka was long gone drinking and doing God knows what.

Suddenly music stopped and another song started playing, this one being a slow one. But during that little interval between the two songs he heard the laughter of his little baby who was being dragged to the middle by Alex.

Immediately his attention turned towards the siblings duo and he stopped listening to whatever Mr Laurent was saying.

When the siblings started dancing together everyone looked at them in awe and Mr Laurent recorded their video on his phone looking at his children with never ending fondness in his eyes.

Alex spinned her around and kept murmuring something in her ear probably to ease her nerves and it was working as she would give beautiful smiles every now and then.

She was so graceful in her movements like she was accustomed to performing on a stage.

She was enchanting.

The song stopped and everyone started clapping loudly, throwing praises from every corner of the room. She blushed and looked down while Alex took her hand and led them to their father.

"Mr Romano nice to have you here" Alex greeted and Xavier nodded slightly.

Ailee's head shot up hearing him getting addressed by her brother and locked eyes with him.

He looked ethereal.

Breathtaking.

Sexy-

Stop Ailee, she reminded herself.

Xavier almost smiled looking at her gaping face but he held out his hand instead and said
"Ms Ailee, you're looking beautiful"

"I uh, thank you, Za- Mr Romano" she said, correcting herself on time and hurriedly glanced between her father and her boyfriend. She almost blew her cover up.

Alex and Calvin both looked at her confusingly while he was holding back a smile seeing her in a flustered state.

"Oh Hi, Sunshine" Luka said coming from the back holding a glass of wine.

Ailee panicked and looked at Xavier for help and he joined Luka before he could reach them.

He gave him a tight punch on his back making him spill the drink and choke on the sip he had. Xavier took the chance and told him to not fuck up the things for them while to Ailee and her family it looked like he was asking him if he was fine or not and joined them a minute later.

"Hi Miss.... I'm Luka his........ best friend" he said gritting his teeth and smiling fakely.

"Hello" she replied and smiled gratefully at him.

"Come on Lils let me take you to mom" Alex excused them feeling something was off. It was better to take his sister away from such dangerous people.

But oh little does he know.

As soon as Ailee got in an empty room she took deep breaths and texted him. Surely enough he was knocking at the door a few minutes later.

He immediately pulled her to him after locking the door and pressed her face in his chest breathing in her intoxicating smell while she did the same.