chapter 13

Ailee baked a chocolate truffle cake for herself in the morning because she was getting bored.

As soon it was done she took it out and put it in the refrigerator to let it cool down.

After an hour she came back to the kitchen and added some Ferrero Rocher on top.

She clicked some pictures of it and sent them to her siblings and Xavier with the caption :

'Too bad you're not here (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠)'

She laughed with a mischievous glint in her eyes and took the dessert in the home theater room along with many other snacks to binge watch her favorite shows.

___

The next day Ailee sat in her garden reading.
She just got done watering her plants and was now relaxing.

While turning the page her eyes caught sight of her bracelet.

When he told her he never had anyone to do these things for him she was shocked because all her life she was showered with immense love from her family that she never thought there would be someone who will be actually deprived of what she has.

She took it upon herself then, to give him as much love and care she can to make up for the years he hasn't received any.

It's been fifteen days since he was gone and hopefully will be returning in a day or two. She didn't talk to him much because apparently he was very busy.

___

Later that night she was dining with her parents hearing them talk about their upcoming business trips and stuff.

"Lily, will you come?" asked Emma after some time.

"I don't know. What will I even do there?" she replied.

They were asking her to come to the office for the celebration of Emma becoming the head of her department. They plan to eat outside if Ailee decides to join them and if she doesn't they will simply celebrate it at home.

"Please Lils don't say no it's your company too you should come and visit sometime." Emma pleaded.

" Ok Ems I will, only because it is a special day for you." she said smiling.

"Yesss thank you so much sista" she hugged Ailee as she was seated right beside her and squealed loudly causing her chicken piece on the fork to fly and hit Alex on the face during her vigorous movements and they started bickering.

They all laughed at them and continued eating.

Ailee went up to her room a few hours later to find her phone ringing.

Her eyes lit up seeing it was Xavier.

"Hey " she said immediately after picking up the call.

"Hi, " he said in his usual serious tone.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she settled down on her bed.

"I came out to take a breather," he said.

"Oh"

"And did you save some cake for me?" he asked, remembering the picture she sent.