chapter 3

The preparations were going on in full swing whereas the baby of the house was sound asleep in her room.

It was the day before the anniversary celebration and things couldn't get any smoother. She was up late night making sure the deliveries of all orders would be on time.

She woke up when someone knocked on her door.
"Ma'am your breakfast."
"Thank you. I could've got it myself"
" Its okay ma'am you always do it yourself "

Ailee smiled at her and got out of her bed to get ready for the day.

___

On the other side of the city Xavier was sitting in his office and doing his work when there was a knock on his door. " Sir?"

"Come in"

"Sir, you are to leave for the meeting in 20 minutes." Xavier just nodded in acknowledgement.

"Also sir you've received an invitation from Mr Laurent"
He just lifted one eyebrow urging his assistant, Jack to elaborate.

"It's his 30th marriage anniversary tomorrow. Would you be joining them?"

"Send Luka on my behalf"

"Ok sir"

He spent the rest of his day working and then left for his home.

When he entered the house he was greeted by the sight of his dear friend lying on his couch in his living room drinking his beer.

He doesn't like it when his personal space is invaded, especially when he wants to be alone.

"What are you doing here Luka?"

"Had a bad day"

Xavier pinched his nose bridge and sighed.

"And?"

"And? Romano really?"

"Luka, I will not ask again. Just leave."

It's called ordering and not asking, Luka thought to himself.
"No"

Xavier took a threatening step towards Luka and Luka backed away.

" Ok bro chill I'll go. But before I leave I gotta tell you that I ain't going to the Laurents tomorrow"

" And why is that? "

" Because I am busy"

Before Xavier could put him in his place Luka immediately explained himself.

" I am going out of the city for field work, remember?"

Xavier sighed and sat down next to him " Yeah I remember. This shit just never ends. Does it?"

" Don't worry Romano, we'll be alright. We will win just like we always have."

" I hope so. "

" So are you going there tomorrow or what? "

" I have no choice but to go"