chapter 39

Ailee shyly got out with the help of Alex who was kind enough to drop her here at the venue where Grace's wedding is being held.

Her long brown silky hair was tied in a stylish bun with the exception of a few tendrils curling around her small face. The white off shoulder dress fitted her perfectly from the waist and flowed freely after that. The makeup was minimal, highlighting her naturally beautiful skin and eye color. She wore ankle strap Mary Jane pumps that were covered by the length of her dress and finally some delicate pieces of jewelry.

She is sure to turn all the heads in there.

A week ago Evie came and spent the day with her and they went shopping for the matching dresses for the bridesmaids.

It was insane of her to plan it just a week before the wedding but thankfully it was done right on time.

"I know you're a big girl now but call me when you need to, okay?" he asked, tucking behind her locks.

She smiled gratefully and nodded.

"Take care Lils" he planted a soft kiss on her forehead and sat in his car. He gestured her to go inside and she walked inside in a good mood.

The closer she was getting to the area, the louder everyone's chatter got.

She fidgeted with the X of her bracelet, nervous to meet the faces she once knew so well.

"You made it!" Grace said, enveloping her in a bone crushing hug. She was getting her dress fixed in the corner when she saw Ailee entering.

"Yes. Congratulations" she said, handing over the gift bag and the bouquet to her.

"Thank you but I thought I strictly asked for no gifts"

"That would have been impolite," she chuckled.

"You still haven't changed and God damn girl you look absolutely stunning" she whistled.

Heat rushed to her cheeks and she shyly looked down.

" Thank you"

"My My is she who I think she is" came the voice of a man. She looked up and saw a group of people heading towards them.

On a closer inspection she realized it was Rafael and his group. Ailee used to hang out with them at the canteen sometimes.

"Bro my 100 bucks?" asked Dwayne from the others.

" Wait, why? What are we missing?" Evie asked, equally confused as she came and stood next to Ailee with a hug.

"Well we betted on her coming here or not and I won" he replied, scratching the back of his neck.

Ailee looked at them with a gaping face.
She wasn't hurt or anything because they didn't mean it in a bad way, that she knew, but it didn't exactly make her comfortable.

"Oh" she whispered quietly.

"You look beautiful, Ailee. I mean you always were but now-" Dwayne started but was interrupted by Rafael.

"Yeah we get it Romeo"

" But seriously you look the best among all of us, except for the bride of course." Giselle said.

"Come on, let's go and click some pictures. Who knows when we'll meet like this again." They said and moved towards the stage where the groom was waiting for his bride.

___

She put her phone down after texting Xavier to pick her up.

He insisted on seeing her in the dress he chose so she complied and asked him to come after fifteen minutes.