Chapter 2: Mother, I missed you

As soon as she returned to the classroom, Yerim who was already worried about what could happen if they managed to change her mind rushed up to her side.

"Lisa, what was the matter?" she asked gently as she connected her hands with Lalisa's hand and led her to their seat that was directly beside each other."

"Nothing, Teacher Lu wanted me to rethink my decision of going to the District A university."

Yerim felt her heart beating widely as she heard of that, for her who had low grades wouldn't dare dream of capital schools, she didn't allow her friend also go there and be greater than her.

After all, just by studying in the capital, there were many people and things one would do that could change their life history.

"Did you now listen to him?" She finally managed to ask.

"Since he doesn't know my family and my matters well, there's no way I would listen to him over you," Lalisa said with a faint smile.

Considering that she already told the principal not to tell anyone about her choice of school, she had no doubt that she had this coming her way at.

Yerim nodded and then smiled at her before going to scrolling through her phone.

Today was a free day they were supposed to come only for filling out their admission letter, instead of wasting her time, she thought going back and visiting her mother was a much better idea.

Her mother had died due to the lack of funds and care.

As a top painter and designer, her designs had sold well and even rocked the whole country, however, anytime Yerim and Sehun her boyfriend then made a sale, they always make one or another excuse to have the money taken away from her. At first, they had claimed that most of the money went into their promotion and Li Sehun was not only her lover but also her manager so she had let things go.

Besides, her popularity had indeed kept increasing by ten folds. Only, it had not been anything with them promoting it but rather, her work was just too good that anyone who saw it wanted one for themselves.

Unfortunately, all of these, She had discovered a little too late!

Later on, she discovered that the two of them were originally a pair, and Yerim only sent the boyfriend to capture her heart so that no one else would be able to do.

The more she thought about it, the angrier and more frustrated she got and the girl was sitting just beside her.

"Yeri, If there is nothing else I will be taking my leave and going back after all there is nothing to do this morning."

Her friend understood that she had to do side jobs and assist her mother so it was understandable that she leave early.

So she just nodded and waved her off.

The most important matter of her making sure that she wasn't going to the capital university was removed as such.

As soon as Lalisa left, people surrounded her looking at her with eyes gleaming with gossip.

"Is it true that the school belle chose the 'District A university'?" Someone asked and many voices echoed the same words.

Qin Yerim put on a helpless expression.

"Since her family condition is weak, Lisa said that it would be better to stay somewhere close to her mother so that still help her mother while schooling."

Many people had shocked expressions, it was better to go to the capital to study than to get some work done while staying here.

Yerim could guess what they are thinking and she spoke up again," No matter how much I have tried to talk her against it, but she's determined to pick District A university and so I think that this is not a matter of staying close to her mother but she might have reason matter she can not disclose also..."