Chapter 15: Genius

"Is this what you are being paid from?" The vice president asked angrily as he used his side eye to make sure that Master Wang isn't angry.

Since the old man was someone who doesn't like much drama, he raised his hand as if to say, just send hime away, I'll appraise my little daughter's painting myself.

Together, the vice president and secretary dragged the insolent man put the door and handed him over to the security. However, the moment they handed him over, they rushed back in, to see what painting that the old man highly regarded would do.

At the same time in the office, Master Wang immediately asked Lalisa to pen the painting, and she did quite quickly.

She had gotten a kind of paper that was hard to fold and even when she left it folded for while, it immediately got back to straight form since it had been tied loosely.

The moment she straighten the painting on the table, the old man's immediately expression changed to serious as he used his hand to old a part of it down.

Usually, when he looked at paintings of renowned painters, what he checked was for depth and details.

But for someone Lalisa, even though he watched her unravel the paintings with him, he already had at the back of his mind that experience is usually  earned and walked through, so the first thing he looked at was her style.

"You painted this?!" He asked shock clouding his facial expression. The painting style was fluid and experienced almost like the painter of the painting had not to pause or think about anything at all.

It was very neat with the strokes that elicited different emotions at the first glance.

"Yes, I did it just last night." She said confidently. She was sure that no one could have done it. It was a work she had done from her soul.

"It is really beautiful." As he said this, he raised the painting up, to have a full look of what she was trying to say.

And it was then the two men rushed in the door. As if under a spell, both of them froze taking in the beauty of the painting from afar.

"So beautiful" the vice president praised. He had seen many great works, some even better. Yet, there was something about the style and the emotions in the painting.

The desolation and slightly slumped shoulders that was also able to give off an illusion of her just started to lift them so that anyone that looked at the picture would understand that the woman was alone. That anyone and everyone would wall alone in life.

But with the packed bag and her eyes that was already fixed on the sole source of light, anyone would also be able to draw light from it.

"Who drew this?" The vice president asked looking between the two people. He knew it wouldn't Master Wang, as his fan he knew his style very much.

However, he also didn't want to believe that this little girl that was beside him made this painting.

Almost as if reading his thoughts, Master Wang shot his chest out happily.

"She did the painting of course. You can already tell by looking at her her that it's her style, how can you still ask such a baseless question?" He scolded with dissatisfaction as he put the painting down.

Even without asking her, he was already playing the role of the master.

"You said you wanted to sell it at an auction price?" The old man asked her, his eyes glistening with mischief as she nodded.

"How about this you give me this painting as an fee for recognising me as your master?"

The old man had a self righteous face, almost as if she was  taking advantage of him by giving her that option.

However, if you looked at it from Lalisa's perspective, it was easy to see that it was a short handed deal. She was already a master at this in her previous life and now that she had another chance with more time in her side, being a master without being someone's discipline is very possible.

In fact her master would get a lot of claim from doing only very little at this stage.

So to now even hand over a work that she was hoping to make if it only was a million was not a fair deal for her.

With her dissatisfaction showing on her face, Master Wang scratched the back of his head embarassed while the other two men thought that she was being too immature and unappreciative. After all, the number of people that wanted him to become their master was quite a lot.

"How about I buy it and you still become my discipline?" He asked with hopeful eyes as he clutched the painting in his hands to his chest as if it were a lifeline.

A painting like this was just perfect for his study. For a grandfather that wanted his children to do better than him, and even being someone who believed in enlightenment, he had a feeling that this painting would make them feeling more inspired.

"How much are you willing to pay?" Lalisa finally spoke up completely ignoring all the other offers, and asking about the price for the painting first.

"What's your starting price?" Master Wang asked sneakily.

Lalisa originally planned to sell at some thousands, but seeing their reactions, she had not only planned to change her mind, she had every intention of making it a lot more than what she thought since she knew he was rich and his evaluation simply meant the work was good.

"Three million."

Although it was high, considering the quality of the work, it was not outrageous so neither of the three men said anything.

"So would you take the money when I become your master?" Old master Wang asked, he was determined to take both the artist and the art.

"Hmmm, we can focus on signing later, I want the money first so that I can know that you are a master of being trustworthy." Lalisa said.

As she said that, she memorised the account number that she recently created so that she could give him.

"Your master is a trustworthy one, come out let me get my assistant to pay you the money." Old master Wang said as he beamed from ear to ear. To him, what she said meant that she had already accepted him as her master.

"Hmmm, let's go." Since she had only came here for selling the painting that she didn't even think would sell in one day, Lalisa elated and followed the old man with giddy steps.

"Junior." The vice president called out making both of them stop.

"If you are from our city, do you mind if we make a copy painting with our machine? We put it in your name just like that and exhibit it so that people can get familiar with you."

Lalisa wanted to refuse but, the old man responded before her.

"That's perfect. You should also tell them that she is my discipline." He added with a wide smile.