Chapter 70:I Will Buy You

It took some seconds for Lalisa to understand what Jackson said and her face formed into a scowl as she glared at him. "In your dreams." she spat out, eliciting a chuckle from the man.

"I wanted to extend the information but it seems like you have no interest in that." Jackson said as he moved to lean on the wall just beside him. Lalisa looked at him in disdain.

"Now that you know, can you put being a bastard aside and tell me how you want to be paid?" she asked impatiently. After all, she had thought that the only big deal was getting access to Jimin, she didn't imagine that she would have to cater to this boss here.

As for Jackson, he realised that this little flower in front of him didn't seem to know who he was. If it was any normal person, just by calling him a bastard was enough to have them already out of this world.

"He owes this branch about $420,000 if you want him to be free, either you or him must gamble for this branch for free, now, here's the catch. He has to earn that amount he owes in double and if he incurs any loss while gambling, he has to, of course, add it to the debt he already has."

Lalisa's brows furrowed as she heard his words. "What if he incurs a loss all through?"

"He has only a month to repay by that option. After a month, the underworld rules have every right to sell him off at the cost of his total debt." Jackson explained.

"You can also bring an external party to help you gamble away his debt." he added and Lalisa nodded absent mindedly.

She had no idea on how to play cards but she knew that, almost every knowledge was available to the world class system that she had. After all, making deals with the underworld was tricky and she couldn't guarantee that anyone she found wouldn't be paid off by them already.

.....

"Okay, I'll do it. But can you let him loose first?" she finally said, surprising Jackson.

"Are you sure about this? $840,000 is quite the amount." Jackson warned, this time, his tone was more solemn. After all, he had taken a liking to her and didn't want her hands to be tied later on.

The first trick to being a leader in the underworld was letting your followers know that not just anyone could change the rules you already imposed. The moment that was done, authority would be questioned and thus, he had no intention of changing the rules even for this little flower.

"Hmm, I'm sure."

"Okay then, Miss?" Jackson asked as he stretched his hands out for a shake. Lalisa, however, just shot him a dubious look while ignoring the stretched hand.

"Lalisa."

"Nice to meet you Miss Yue. I'm Jackson." he said and then stepped out of the room immediately.

Some minutes later, three well built men stepped into the room and gave Lalisa a second long glance. From their gait, she could tell very easily that they were a lot stronger than the ones she had fought with earlier.

She watched them quietly as they untied Jimin. one of them gave him a slap on the cheeks that startled Jimin awake.

"I doubt that was part of the instructions you were given." Lalisa said with dissatisfaction. The three men acted like they had heard nothing while Jimin, who was just struggling to wake up, looked in the direction of that familiar voice.

Although he had talked to her only once, that cold and aloof voice was etched in his memory and sometimes, in his dream.

"W..what are you doing here?" he finally managed to ask and then sighed softly when he gave her one look over and realised that she wasn't tied up. He had thought the men from the other day had finally found her.